“Our new fave in Vernal”

7-11 Ranch Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Vernal
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Hub and I were recently in Vernal for the day and wanted to try a local restaurant. 7-11 Ranch Restaurant came up as an option, and after looking over their menu online, we decided to have dinner there.

We weren’t looking for a romantic setting, which is good, b/c the restaurant is well-lit w/a very open dining room, and there were several families w/younger children. The atmosphere is friendly and the decor rustic; the entrance is through the little attached gift shop, which is also where you pay the restaurant bill.

Once we placed our order, the first courses were brought quickly. The salad was pretty typical restaurant fare, and the soup option (mushroom for us) was good but not remarkable. We had fried mac-and-cheese as an appetizer - unusual but not so delicious that either of us was raving that we’d love to see it on menus elsewhere.

And then our entrees: rainbow trout ❤️ I haven’t had trout for YEARS (it’s hard to find as a menu option), and this was DELICIOUS! Not only that, but the portion was ENORMOUS, and there was no earthly way I could’ve finished it in one sitting. It was lightly breaded to perfection, and came w/a side of baby peas and pearl onions (no other choices offered for the veg, but neither of us minded) and choice of potato (hub had mashed w/brown gravy, which he pronounced “alright”; I had french fries, which were...well, french fries).

Overall we felt like the food was good quality for what we paid. We’ll definitely visit again, whether it’s just us, w/our younger daughter (who still lives at home), or w/friends

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We visited Vernal for Mother’s Day Weekend.
The 7-11 Ranch was down Main Street from where we were staying.

They were out of a few things we wanted to order.
This was understandable as it was a holiday weekend & the balloon festival was going on as well.

They shorted our orders by forgetting to add sides and shrimp. The wait staff were clearly overwhelmed as the restaraunt began to fill up after we were seated.

We did not get refills for our drinks and we had to wait 30 minutes for them to come by our table to see if we were finished.

Perhaps it was a bad night, but we would not recommend.

Reviewed 9 April 2018

We each had an entree of breaded fish, baked sweet potato, scones and salad, with vegetable soup and cheddar-broccoli soup. The fish was out of a box and overcooked. OK, shouldn't have ordered seafood in northeastern Utah. The baked sweet potatoes were delicious. The salads were fresh and the soups tasty. We couldn't finish the scones and ate them later. No alcohol at this restaurant. We ate here on a Saturday night, and the place seems popular with the locals. There is an adjacent gift shop. The service was prompt and friendly. As this was our first trip to Vernal, I would probably try other restaurants before making a recommendation for 7-11.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I always make a point of getting lunch at 7-11 Ranch Restaurant when I am in Vernal. It has been around forever and has a great country atmosphere. I also really enjoy the gift shop that is attached to the restaurant. They have a great selection of unique items for all ages.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

I always like eating here. The food is always good and they will make adjustments when requested. The staff are always extremely helpful and friendly. I've eaten here for supper, lunch-including business lunches and have never been disappinted.