The Cliff Lodge & Spa(Snowbird)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$191
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe clifffull kitchenstayed previouslyhot tubtwo queen bedsfree coffee in the lobbyski stuffbistro downstairsgreat mountainan updatesteam roomthe ground floora great stayrooms are spaciouslift ticketsone bedroom suitehotel room
Reviewed 9 March 2018

I think overall travellers are critical- the restaurant here was amazing, and the room somewhat dated but cozy. Please make time for the bistro downstairs, it was a memorable meal but required planning and reservation. Pool was warm and kids enjoyed it, but hot tub overrun with "owners" complaining about petty owners problems. They choked out visitors and weren't warm or friendly. I got the impression most units were owner occupied, didn't meet any other traveling families when we were there. LOVED the public transit, and loved the airport shuttle the Lodge arranged. No need to rent a car for a long weekend. Very thoughtful one bedroom suite design when traveling with a family. Loved the fireplace. Lots of drawers and storage, kitchen was more than adequate but poorly equipped so bring your own knives and pots if you really intend to cook. We ate mostly at Wilburs Deli for breakfast/lunch and family enjoyed that take out. Groceries expensive and limited fresh foods. Mexican restaurants the Cliff lodge also excellent.

Room Tip: Look on VRBO for better deals directly from owners.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Lodge for a weeks ski vacation. Stayed in a hotel style room with full kitchen and bath with a view of the mountain. The room had two queen beds that were Murphy type beds(was not expecting that) that were comfortable. Room had a couch and dinning table as well. We ate breakfast each day in the room, free coffee in the lobby. We shopped for supplies at the Snowbird center. They had limited options and was mega overpriced. If you are planning on cooking shop prior to arrival in SLC or use delivery service. Room was clean and somewhat updated. Rug and bathroom could use an update.

Great location close to Snowbird Center and central to all restaurants. Also close to tram and Peruvian lift. The restaurant in the building is probably the best on the mountain. Each day housekeeping cleans rooms and leaves a treat, usually cookies, in the room. They were a nice treat each day.

They have an SUV that can bring you to or pick you up from Alta if you choose the ski over there.

Overall this is a great option to stay in Snowbird and would return for another stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I stayed at the Lodge in the summer for a conference. The room itself wasn't too bad, it was clean, but dated. The beds and linens were comfortable. The shower had great water pressure, but the layout was a bit odd, the door got in the way of the toilet and shower. The view from the balcony was beautiful, which is really the biggest plus of this place. I was not a fan of the fact that my balcony was shared with the adjacent room with no partition. I felt uncomfortable keeping the curtains open because the neighbors could see inside my room when they were on the balcony. The room was also lacking in power outlets. There were no outlets that were accessible from the nightstand, so the alarm clock was across the room and I could not charge my phone on the nightstand. There was only one outlet in the bedroom area that was not already occupied.

By far the biggest negative about staying at the Lodge in the summer is the fact that there is no air conditioning. The room had a box fan, which helped, but the room was still uncomfortably hot during the day. At night it was cooler outside, but again, I didn't feel comfortable keeping my door open for long due to the shared patio. There also weren't any outlets close enough to the door to put the fan there to blow the colder air inside. That said, I'm sure this place is much more pleasant in the winter.

Overall, the Lodge did the job and the view was amazing, but the lack of air conditioning was an unpleasant surprise.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We recently spent six nights at The Lodge at Snowbird. I have stayed previously at the Iron Blosam and at the Cliff Lodge but this is the first time we have stayed as a family.

There were a lot of things we liked, including:
1. Great location close to Snowbird center, ski school, and also easy to walk to restaurants at the Iron Blosam and Cliff Lodge. Also has a restaurant on the premises (Lodge Bistro).
2. Great view of the mountain and slopes with private balcony.
3. Large hotel room with a queen and two twin beds. Lots of space for ski gear and clothing.
4. Very clean - excellent housekeeping staff.
5. Awesome heated outdoor pool and hot tub. Kids wanted to swim every day. Even on the coldest days the pool was plenty warm for swimming - almost like a thermal spa. This was a huge plus.
6. Ski storage area downstairs was very convenient.
7. Hot beverages in the lobby was a great touch and we used it often. Kids liked hot chocolate, I got tea, husband got coffee.
8. Lobby in general was very pleasant with a fire, pretty view of the slopes, and free daily NY Times and USA Today.
9. Spring ski packages were very good value - our room price included free lift tickets for all four of us, more than $300 per day, which was more than the cost of the room.

Now a few (minor) criticisms:

1. The room was a great size but a bit rough around the edges. It looked like it hadn't been updated for at least 25 years.
2. The Lodge Bistro was open the night we arrived but then closed the rest of our stay. I think the front desk should have informed us of this when we checked in so we could have eaten there at least one time during the week. Also, we chose the Lodge specifically because it had a lounge so we could go down and get a drink at night so that was disappointing.
3. There was a group of high school seniors from a French-American school in NY who were staying at the Lodge for their senior trip. I heard there were 65 kids. While they didn't impact our stay too much, there were a few times they were super rowdy by the pool in the afternoon, which made me nervous with two young kids. They were also pretty loud by the pool in the evenings which we could hear up on the 7th floor until the pool closed at 10. They also smoked near the ground floor entrance. The management was very receptive to feedback about this group but at the same time the group seemed to impact a lot of other people.
4. Minor nitpick but the wine and cheese receptions were always held 5:30-6:30, which is when we would go to dinner with our kids. It would have been nice to offer it a bit earlier, maybe 4:30-5:30 or 5-6.
5. Last minor nitpick - why such small pool towels? Especially when you get out of the pool in winter, you want a large enough towel to wrap around yourself.

Overall, a great stay and we are already discussing a return visit, although we might try for a different unit with a kitchenette. They have a small grocery store on site but it's very marked up. We discovered a Smiths grocery about 15 minutes drive however.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank LivingInWien
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We had a good stay at the Lodge. One bedroom condo which meant a hotel room with two beds and a bathroom adjoining to a kitchen/living room type of room also with a bathroom. Great view of the Mountain. While I wouldn't call it luxurious it was clean and updated and very comfortable. Plenty of room to spread out. Plethora of drawers, hooks, shelves in both rooms--a place for all ski stuff, gloves helmets, and then some. Short walk to the Tram or Peruvian Lift. Fully equipped kitchen so we ate in for breakfast. Housekeeping did a great job as well. Have stayed previously at the Cliff Lodge and I think I prefer the Lodge at Snowbird for ease/convenience/generally more space. Nice wine/cheese gathering a couple of times during the week as well. We had one maintenance issue that was immediately resolved. Snowbird is a great Mountain and conditions were still very good the first week of April.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family