All reviews jetted tub themed rooms are microwave popcorn french toast parking lot ivanhoe disposal soda slc
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I thought my GPS was leading me astray. We were in the middle of Sandy and we were almost there? But once you get on the property you feel like you are away from it all. The bed was super comfortable. Food was good. Staff was attentive. Great place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim E
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Beautiful, charming little place with great service. They always have a hot, delicious breakfast served when you're ready. However, one morning we had an early appointment that ran us through their breakfast time. They adjusted their serving schedule just for us for the day to accommodate. They really go above and beyond.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh W
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We visited the Garden Suite, and have stayed in that suite several years ago for our anniversary, under terrific circumstances, so we were very dissapointed at the decline of quality this time. We stayed 6/23/17. The young man that waited on us was polite, but not what we had last time in terms of a welcoming attitude, tour, smile, etc. As we had bags in hand waiting to go in our room, he talked to us about an energy drink side business he had with the Inn, and wa interested in our participation. It's a fairly harmless gesture by a young married guy who is no doubt trying to grow his business, but I did not appreciate it at all. Wrong time, wrong place. The service was also invisible after late hours. Nobody was there in the morning but the cook. Overall it was a C- in service.

We did check-in, then we we ran into Salt Lake, so we took the opportunity to ask them to clean the shower. Black mold all over the joints at the floor. They did a reasonably good job when we returned. Unfortunately the quality and cleanliness of the room was much worse than what we had experienced years ago.

I killed several spiders, we felt like we had to wear our socks because our feet were gross on the floor, I already mentioned the shower was gross, the doors did not seal well, the "mood light" in the jetted tub wouldn't turn off all night - so we had to put a towel over it but it was still an annoying and unwanted nightlight, the blinds on the french doors don't work effectively and when you're on an anniversary/ honeymoon you don't want the potential for peeking, the grout on the floor had not been cleaned in years, and overall we just left wanting to clean the place before we could relax and feel comfortable.

The bed was comfortable, but several times throughout the middle of the night we woke up feeling hot even with the fan on. It was just not a pleasant experience as opposed to the last time. There are several design things that my wife commented on wanting to change, as an interior designer, and this review has nothing to do with those. It has to do with the nitpicky things that make you feel uncomfortable when you're in a room.

I will say the grounds were a disaster. It looks like they have not weeded in over a year, and the entire back area was full of piled up trash and overgrown plant material. The quaint little landscape area was completely overgrown with weeds and there were hoses and trash all over the place. It was very disappointing to see how the grounds have slipped. Large pruning shears were stabbed into the beds, almost like they started then forgot to finish. The curb appeal that welcomed us years ago was gone.

Overall we got the impression that they are trying to cut corners and minimize costs. That is why none of the landscaping was being tended to, the deep cleaning inside each of the rooms is not being tended to (based on what I saw and what I have read in reviews over the last few months), and little things like communication are suffering. The website did say breakfast could be brought out to the small garden patio terrace outside of our room, but we were told they no longer do that and now we have a buffet style breakfast. I will say the food was good but it was nothing to write home about. When you spend $200 on a suite for a night you expect to be treated very well and have nice amenities. I can go to a Marriott hotel and spend $120 and have a very clean room with a great breakfast the next morning, with staff that are available.

This was a very sad trip for us, and although we had a lot of fun because we were together, it did leave a bad taste in our mouth and we will not be returning, which is very sad. I hope they can take the suggestions to heart and treat this little bed-and-breakfast like something that it is – an opportunity to really treat people professionally and leave a lasting impression on them to want to come back and return.

Room Tip: Check the website. All the suite have detailed pictures.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank durkmk
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed here... we had the Kings Lodge room... I must say everything was wonderful... the staff was so nice and welcoming... the Breakfast both days was very good... our room itself was so awesome... I only have 1 minor complaint: the windows did not lock... we opened one to get some fresh air and my husband realized they didn't lock... otherwise our stay was perfect!!! Also, the ponds and trees in the back are such a romantic and nice spot to relax!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank becka05
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

The room was nice, but that's pretty much where it ends. We stayed in the Ivanhoe room. It was definitely not worth the price paid. The bed was soft and comfortable, the jetted tub was also nice.(although the water spout was loose and turned if bumped, also the waterfall spout only worked halfway) This room was listed with a private balcony, which is not true, it is shared with the next room.
Upon arrival we were half heartedly greeted by a young man,who seemed like he's was in a hurry, or just couldn't be bothered. He gave a 2 minute run down of everything and confusing instructions on where our room was. With such a small place, should we not be shown around? Especially since there was no one else around. On the website it's stated that we would be given the option to have breakfast in our room, we were not asked. When we asked,we were told that was no longer an option. ( again not sure if he just couldn't be bothered?)
Our room was positioned above a very loud door, which guests used to go in out all night when the main door was locked. The all night snack bar,(which was also stated to have fresh baked goods) was just microwave popcorn, home made trail mix,home made check mix, and a few cookies made from refrigerated cookie dough. The fridge was stocked with soda (yet random flavors and no ice) and very tiny bottles of water.
The dining "hall" was decorated to theme, yet more like christmas than castle. ( they could definitely use some updates). During the night my husband joked that we should just have breakfast at the near by I-hop. I insisted that the breakfast was part of the price. I should've listened. When we came down for breakfast the room was empty. It did sound as though someone was working very hard on the kitchen. We went right to the coffee pot to grab some coffee. But no coffee in the pot. We thought that maybe we had to make it ourselves (again no one around to ask). We looked to see if there was even any coffee grinds so we could at least start brewing (there was not even enough to make one cup of coffee, much less 12). Then a young lady entered, asked us if we would like some coffee and just started brewing without even adding more grinds.(We were basically given brown water). The Orange juice was definitely from concentrate. Then came the "first course". Which consisted of a piece of lemon poppy seed bread (store bought) half a very small strawberry (seriously the smallest strawberry ever) and a thin slice of grapefruit (not even a wedge). The second course was a microwave sausage patty,to dollar sized pancakes,which were dense and had the consistency of sand, served with a honey cinnamon butter and no syrup. Also some undercooked cheesy hashbrowns. We've had better continental breakfasts at airport hotels!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple