“Authentic Taste of Brazil: The Plate You Need to Make”

Tucanos Brazilian Grill
Ranked #2 of 336 Restaurants in Provo
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 25 August 2016

After two years in Brazil I fell in love with the Brazilian Rodizio. To date, the best Brazilian restaurant I know of, with the most authentic Brazilian food, is the Tucanos Brazilian Grill. If you are a meat lover this is the place for you.

I've eaten here well over 10 times. That may not seem like a lot, but it's not the cheapest of restaurants. I wait for my birthday month to make it a little more affordable.

If you or someone in your party is not a meat lover, no worries the buffet offers plenty of options to dine on. There are some very authentic Brazilian options there as well.

My favorite, and perhaps the food I am most anxious for, is the rice and beans. Make sure to get the black beans or Feijoada. The feijoada goes on top of the beans. To make it even more savory, sprinkle some farofa on top of it all. This is a toasted light tan colored seasoning that you can find near the feijoada. If you want to try a taste of northern Brazil, cut up banana in thin slices and put those on top of your heap of rice, beans, and farofa.

Continue creating your authentic Brazilian meal and grab some Brazilian Collards, a cooked type of dark green salad. It is a little bitter and may require an acquired taste to fully appreciate. As I had it often in my sojourn in Brazil, I can testify of its authenticity. Before returning to your table grab a pao de queijo (Cheese Bread), and a palmito (heart of palm) from the salad bar.

If you are not having the meat I at least recommend making the plate I just described. Except, keep in mind that Feijoada does have pork in it. If you are skillful with a ladle you can get the black beans without the chunks of meat. It is worth your efforts.

If you are having the meats, I still recommend getting the meal I explained, because it is packed with flavor and preps your stomach for the deluge of meats to come.

When it comes to the rodizio of meats, get whatever looks good. However, here is my number one recommendation: pass on all chicken slices. Why? Because you can get chicken anywhere. Save the room you would take up with chicken for some of the finer cuts of meat.

And get as much grilled pineapple as you can!

I've never been to Tucanos when it was not busy. Make sure to make a reservation before going, otherwise you best plan on waiting for 20-40 minutes.

Bonnie S, Public Relations Manager at Tucanos Brazilian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We can't wait to give you your next authentic taste of Brazil!

Reviewed 24 August 2016

This place is always a fun place to go for a meal, its a little pricey for food that isnt anything incredible, but its definitely worth going to everyonce and a while. There juices arent good... I did just have a plain lemonade and it was alright

Bonnie S, Public Relations Manager at Tucanos Brazilian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Thank you for your visit and your review. It's great to hear that you enjoy visiting as a fun experience. We would love to hear more about what we could do differently, to make you want to come in again and again!

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We went to redeem a birthday voucher. We go to Tucanos at least twice a year. It's a good place for a special celebration.
The staff is always accommodating and professional. Our last trip our server had nicknames for the meat and he made me laugh out loud. "Would you care for some cluck cluck wrapped in oink oink?" or "Have some finger lickin' kickin' chicken?"
The salad bar was fresh and good and full. The meat came out in a timely manner was all hot and yummy. We especially like the garlic meats and the pineapple!! Oh! And the Brazilian lemonades are delicious.
The water tasted funny (stale tap water) but that was the only complaint and that was mild.
Good job, Tucanos!

Bonnie S, Public Relations Manager at Tucanos Brazilian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed 21 August 2016

I celebrated my birthday here and I was so disappointed ! The meat was very poor quality. We had a party of 6 and none of us was able to chew the meat selections. No taste and poor quality is a deal breaker. Perhaps you need to cut down on the selections and offer better quality. Never less I would never return to this place and waste my money. Please, don't waste your time going here.

Bonnie S, Public Relations Manager at Tucanos Brazilian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you for celebrating your birthday with us. Food quality and flavor are our top priorities and I am terribly sorry to hear that we let you down in that area. We will be sharing your review with our grill chefs who work hard to deliver the flavor and quality that we expect for our guests. We hope to show you the true Tucanos experience again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

The service is always good and the wait isn't usually too bad. The meats are amazing. You have to try the grilled pineapple and fried bananas as well. Overall high quality and satisfaction.