All reviews cinnamon rolls hi express great lighting usb ports top floor meeting room dairy queen modern style nice clean place pancake maker tesla charging room was spacious power outlets luggage rack small town the breakfast area newer hotel
Reviewed 6 September 2018

Stayed with a Group of 12 and used the Meeting Room at the back of the Hotel on the Ground Floor. Facilities, rooms and staff were superb. The very best place to stay while in Price. Ask for a room at the front with views of the Book Cliffs.
I highly recommend.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms are best with lots of luggage as elevator is very slow. Upper floor rooms at the front offer great views.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Maeleen R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Fantastic! We are very pleased to hear you enjoy your visits to our hotel each time, and the staff here works very hard to take care of our guest. Thank you for choosing us to be your preferred hotel, and we look forward to you come back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I checked in as usual. Chatted with the staff. Nothing extraordinary said.
In room and at 11:07 pm suddenly the power goes out. I wait a while and room black. I look outside...all of Price that I can see is black. People start coming out of rooms asking what’s going on. Nobody knows. I take the stairs down to lobby and there is the front desk staff simply sitting on a chair. I ask what’s going on and she states, “It’s a planned 3 hr power outage for the town.” I ask “Why weren’t the guests notified? The answer: “I dunno”. I meet other guests and tell them what’s going on...none had been told. Thankfully the guests that were up could set alarms on phone. But next morning there were angry guests who were already asleep when power went off and the alarm clocks lost their time.
If it was a “planned” power outage why weren’t people told? Signs on elevators? Handouts to guests? Message on phone?
COMMUNICATE!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank csrockclimber

Dear Valued Guest,

I want to personally apologize that you didn't not get informed of the power outage right away, and the miss communication. I have informed Management of the correct procedures when informing guest of power outages for guest. Thank you for informing us of this issue, and we will correct it right away. We hope you will come back and give us another chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel was nice and fairly new. The room was good but a bit cramped. The pool was big and well maintained. Unfortunately the power went out for several hours during our stay (approximately 4pm-7pm). The front desk did nothing to notify or update guests. We were swimming and after a while went to check and they said it might be out until 11pm and gave us flashlights. There happened to be a little league championship in town so there were no other hotel rooms open (we checked) as it seemed other parts of town weren’t effected. Then when it came time to go to bed we quickly figured out there were a room full of baseball kids above us who were incredibly loud all night. We hardly slept. When we went to get breakfast in the morning it was so crowded there was hardly any food left. We left and got food elsewhere. On my way out I asked the front desk if they were doing any refunds for the inconvenience of the power outage or super loud kids above us all night and they said no. She said I could grab a soda out of the cafe area if I wanted. The staff was not very professional looking or acting, unkempt. Thanks for nothing, I will not be booking in a Holiday Express again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kim S
Maeleen R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear Valued guest,

We apologized for the power being out do to a lighting storm in the area that knock out the power in the whole town, and we where trying to get light set through the hotel. The staff was trying very hard to take care of guest through out the hotel during the power outage. Also, we apologized for the inconvenience of the any loud noises during your stay at our hotel. The hotel staff was working hard to accommodate everyone at the hotel at this time. We apologize for the hotel not meeting your expectations during your stay. The management and I are working on a new action plans to correct these issues right away. Also we are going to set new training into place for the staff. Again we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. We hope you will come back and get us another chance to make it up to you.

Ganeral Manager

Reviewed 30 July 2018

We arrived to the hotel about 9pm and just wanted to shower and go to bed after a long day. Went to our room and keys did not work so had to go back downstairs to get re-keyed. After we showered we could not find a hairdryer so I went downstairs and Alyssa told me they didn't provide hairdryers. I asked if she could check with other lady I believe her name is Jody. She stepped outside, yelled hey do we provide hair dryers and then came back in and said no we don't have any. I was baffled and went back to room. I then got online and looked at website and called them to let them know website states you provide hairdryers. She said oh I don't have a key to get into room that has the extras so I asked if she could go look in a room that was not occupied. She said we are kinda full. I asked if they were kinda full then why could I still make a reservation for that night? She said oh I don't know we have a lot of firefighters staying with us. I did confirm they were not at capacity so Alyssa was just lazy and didn't want to go look. The next morning I called the front desk and spoke to Shaylee and she sent Alicia up with a hairdryer within 5 minutes.

I complained to Shaylee and a manager named Aaron. Aaron said he would give a small discount and some points for the issues I had. I did get the discount but it's been about 2 months and have not received the promised points.

Apparently it is known that these employees are problem employees yet they are still there. Thank you Shaylee for all of your help...you need a raise!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank elij8

Dear Valued guest,

I want to personally apologize for this inconvenience during your stay, and we have put training into place to make sure this never happens again. Also I have address these issues with the same individuals, and corrected these action right away and informed there manager as well. Again I apologize for this happening to you at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to make us ware of this issue to correct them right away. We hope you will come back and give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

What a great place staff are very friendly and helpful and the manager Marlene is awesome I stayed here for a week and was treated great we lost power on the town and the staff did all they could even bought flash lights to try and accommodate people

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Maeleen R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! That is fantastic! We are excited to see that we were able to do everything we could do to accommodate the guest during a power outage in town. The staff and I truly care about our guest and want to do everything we can do to give our guest the best stay at our hotel possible. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope you will come back and see us again soon.