All reviews ski shop front desk short walk across the parking lot ice skating full kitchen bit dated weight room utah ski hot tub rented skis main street min walk free bus deluxe room room key off season close proximity
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Very happy with our stay at Shadow Ridge. Basic, clean condo complex, short walk across the parking lot from Park City base area. The facility is a bit dated but lobby, fitness room, hot tub and sauna are all recently renovated. We stayed in deluxe room which was also recently renovated. Ski shop in lobby was very helpful, great, friendly staff, allowed us to store skis in the shop and able to try out different skis as often as we wanted. Park City has an amazing shuttle bus system so able to catch the shuttle bus into town for dinner, shopping etc. Skied one day at Deer Valley and was quick and easy shuttle ride. The hotel also had a private shuttle service that you could summon via phone but we usually took the Park City shuttle right outside the hotel. Our room was clean, well equipped 1BR with fold out couch that the kids slept on and two bathrooms. There is no maid service every day but clean towels were available in the lobby and at the hot tub if you needed and front desk staff was very helpful in sending up extra pillows and blankets. Park City base area has stores and restaurants within walking distance but we tended to go into Park City.

Stayed: February 2018
Shomara J, Front Office Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for staying at Shadow Ridge Resort, I am happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us, you are right just walking distance to Park City Mountain Resort. The buses are going all over park city and are available all day. Front desk is available to assist you with any housekeeping request. We look forward to welcoming you again and exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I stayed there with my 2 teenage boys on a guys ski trip. I had never even heard of it having skied Park City over 20 times. The unit was nice; not great; but exactly what we needed. I did call and ask if they were ski in ski out and was told yes; I would disagree with that. I suppose if there was enough snow you could ski through the parking lot but this was not the case. They do not have daily cleaning service; which was OK by us. Overall I would stay there again and recommend the property.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim T

Jim, I am sorry for the miscommunication on the location of the building we are just minutes to Park City Mountain Resort. You are right Shadow Ridge does not do daily housekeeping but our front desk is available to assist with any requests such as needing towels and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you again soon and exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Our accomodations were three interconnecting rooms together with 3 full baths, a kitchen, living room, king bed room and room with 2 queen beds. The beds were comfortable and accomodations were nice. Multiple shuttle buses stopped close to the front of the hotel that provided transportation to theatre venues during Sundance. If walking is your thing, it is 15 min walk to Fresh Market and the theatres around there and a similar distance to the PC Library theatre.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Shomara J, Front Office Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you for staying at Shadow Ridge Resort. You are right the location is fantastic! just minutes to Park city Mountain Resort and Historic Main Street. The buses run about every 10-20 minutes and they can take you all over Park City. We look forward to welcoming you again soon and exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Yes, the location is great, and our condo was clean with attempts of updating. However, attention with new paint and carpet would greatly improve it. It had that dark and damp feel of a old house, but with new furniture and appliances. The layout was interesting. We got the one bedroom condo for our little family, but to get from the bedroom to the main living space, you had to go down two different hallways and two doorways. Obviously this separation was meant for a reason back in the day, but it felt really awkward to us. The walls are also very thin to the point that we could hear and smell the people cooking in the other apartment.

I can't say much for the front desk people, or lack there of. There is no one at the front desk at night. If this was a condominium that would be different, but this is advertised as a Hotel and so we expected someone to be their just in case.

Fire Alarm Story- The fire alarm went off at 2 am and all the occupants waited for their 911 calls to go through so that the fire department could call the building manager to come from his home to turn the alarm back off after they cleared the building. Apparently someone was smoking near a smoke detector in the underground garage. I know, it wasn't the Hotel's fault, but it would have made things a lot more comforting and easier with a member of the hotel staff to be on top of situations like these.

Room Tip: Check for updated rooms
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Shomara J, Front Office Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you for your review! I apologize that you did not have a good experience here at Shadow Ridge Resort. While most of our rooms have been updated we still have a few that are in the process of making upgrades. During the winter season we are 24 hours a day seven days a week should any issues arise during your stay.Thank you for bringing this issues to my attention as I will be looking into the items listed above to assure the correct procedures are being followed. Please keep us in mind for your next Park City vacation.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!!!!! I have stayed here for the past 3 years for ski trips with friends -- so this review is primarily focused for readers who are interested in skiing Park City or the Canyons, or exploring downtown!!

Here is why I will always choose to stay at this hotel in Park City:
1. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!! The Shadow Ridge hotel is located as close to the base of Park City mountain as you can get. When you're carrying skis, wearing ski boots, and are freezing your hot potatoes off then this is IMPORTANT! The walk from the hotel's front door to the base of the mountain is less than 3 minutes. This means that you're less than 3 minutes away from: buying lift tickets, lifts, cafes at the base, etc.
2. The hotel has a ski and gear rental shop on the first floor!!! This is a LIFE-SAVER because it is 1) cheaper than you find on the mountain, 2) has a very little to zero wait, and 3) is INSANELY CONVENIENT: you can walk downstairs in socks and then get your skis and boots and be out the door. When you come back after skiing you can drop your gear off and then walk upstairs to your room. This is THE BEST WAY to deal with gear!
3. The rooms are incredibly spacious and have lots of room in the entry to store your skis, boots, snowy wet stuff, etc.
4. THEY HAVE HOT COOKIES that are sooooo delicious. They start serving them at around 3:30 pm and then are typically gone by around 5:30 -- so be sure to stop by in that time frame or you'll miss out!!!!!
5. The hotel is only a short (10-15 minute walk) away from all the adorable restaurants, bars, and cute shops of Park City downtown!! It's a really great, flat walk that's mainly side-walked (which is important since Park City isn't super pedestrian friendly). I found that I really appreciated the walk at the end of the day!
6. I have found all of the staff to be super helpful, accommodating, friendly and delicious cookie makers!!!
7. They have a great hot tub and a sauna downstairs if you want to relax your muscles after a long day of shredding the gnar! There's also a fitness center that I've never seen used, so I assume you'll have it mainly to yourself if you'd like it
8. IS A GREAT VALUE!!! Much cheaper than other hotels and airbnbs we saw

I really couldn't recommend staying here strongly enough if you're interested in skiing - it couldn't be more convenient, and is a tremendous value!!!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank jennieb_tripadvising
Shomara J, Front Office Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us.Thank you for staying with us again. We appreciate your loyalty and your continued trust in our hotel and our staff I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.