“Tired Hotel - Great Location”

Park Station Resort Condominium
Stuart, Florida
“Tired Hotel - Great Location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2008

We booked 3 2BR condos. They all varied from extremely tired to somewhat up to date. Great location, but at $250 per person per night I thought it was way overpriced.

• Liked — Great Location.
  • Disliked — Very dated. Condos ranged from very dated to somewhat up to date. Expensive.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Greg33

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2007

We stayed in a 3 bedroom unit at Park Station during the 4th of July week this past summer. It was a very pleasant stay, overall.

Unit Features and size:

This unit is quite spacious. Overall, the condition was above average. The grea- room was quite large and had a fireplace. There was plenty of room to spread out. The furniture was in good shape and there were signs of recent updates. There were just small to regular sized old style "tube" t. v.'s throughout (but Park City is not a place to go to watch T. V. !! )
-The Master bedroom was not as proportionately large but we were satisfied. The bed was average as comfort goes and there was a double glass sliding door closet.
The master bedroom features a sink/vanity area in the open, motel style, and a (very) small tub/shower/toilet area in private.
-The second bedroom was just as large as the master bedroom and it had 2 twin beds, though there was plenty of room for two full sized ones. It had a closet as well, plenty of linens and a hall bath, similar to the one in the master bedroom.
-the third bedroom was a little smaller and had just a single twin bed, it was rather forlorn looking and there was plenty of space for a bigger bed. I do hope the manage to upgrade the units with better beds eventually. The comforters are all a little dated in style, and a couple of them were starting to show wear. The decor in all the bedrooms was thoroughly uninspiring and obviously did not get the update the shared space had gotten.

Ktichen: There were brand new appliances and an immaculate wood floor. We do quite a bit of cooking in the room and did not think we were lacking for anything. The kitchen has plenty of room to get around in (it's not huge, but two people can work in it comfortably).

Check-in and Service:

We actually checked in more than a day late (couldn't be helped) and drove all night to do so. We arrived around 7:30 in the am, and I had to wait over an hour for a staff person. We just went food shopping during the delay, and the desk clerk was extremely polite and efficient when we were able to check in. She said she would get some paperwork she needed (name/address/vital statistics) later and got the keys right to me.
-- We did have some trouble w/ maid service. It was, perhaps, our own fault due to miscommunication. We took some linens and soap from the cart one day, found the maids, explained what we did, and gave them a $5.00 tip, telling them we were good for the day. We then didn't see them the rest of the stay. We didn't get toilet paper (another trip to the front desk, I had to wait 15 minutes this time for tp) and we didn't get our trash emptied. There is daily maid service at the resort, just be careful what you say to them!

Resort Amenities:

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!! Park Station is right across the street from the center of the action. It's on main street, and at the start of all the restaurants and shops. It's nice that it's at the bottom, because you can start your night by walking up hill and at the end of the day or evening, when you would be more tired, it's downhill all the way. Marriott's Summit Watch is just a 1/2 block up. Note, I said "walking" so you don't have to drive and scramble for a parking space or pay the parking garage. I don't think there's a better location. I did note that some of the major resorts are at the base of the mountains on the west side of town. I actually didn't get over there. Albertson's grocery store and Rite Aid are right down the street, in the opposite directon.

The resort has an outdoor pool, it's average/small in size. I never went in. They have a hot-tub in the basement of bldg #2 ( I noted the newer units, which, I guess, are park of Park Station II) all have hot tubs on the decks, we didn't get a room like that). The hot tub in the basement is huge, and it's in a wooded room w/ sauna's attached. ( I tried to get in but, alas, did anyone know that the sun is really strong in high altitude? I found out, I got a serious sun burn, which made the hot-tub too hot for me, so I couldn't stay in it. ).

We didn't note or try to partake in any resort activities. We were not charged any extra fees by the resort.

The 4th of July parade and the fireworks were visible from the resort parking lot and both were quite enjoyable.

I'm going to rate this resort a 7. The resort itself is probably a 6 or 6.5, but the location is a 9.5 and the area's another 9.5, and that raises up my rating.

THE AREA:

We loved the area, and we are so glad we visited Park City! Since we don't ski, the summer was a perfect time for us, We live at sea level. We really never think about it much. On our first day we decided to drive around and take a gander of the area. We went about 1/2 a mile up the road and ran into Deer Valley, which was the #1 ski resort in the country in 2002, or something like that. They rent out mountain bikes and they have a huge ski lift that runs in the summer. We took the lift up to the top of Bald Mountain (elevation around 9400 ft). It's actually two lifts. In the middle there's some condos and shops and a restaurant. If you have lunch there, you get to use the lift again for free. We continued to the top, while watching all the bikers hook their bikes onto the lift for the ride up so they can bike down the mountain. Going up is fun and restful, but don't forget to look behind you: the view is absolutely breath-taking! It was at the top of the mountain, we we got out to walk around, that we realized we weren't in New Jersey anymore. It really took our breath away-- in more ways than one! So, just take it easy while you're getting used to mountain air, and don't forget to wear your sunscreen. (We had lunch on the way down, the restaurant is excellent).

Olympic Park: This is 4 miles down the road, across from a sizable shopping area, and closer to RT 80. We went there one morning and expected to be back to the room for lunch. Please note: this is an all day (5 hrs +) thing. They have films (free) on Olympic stories. They have a tour of the facility (excellent, and recommended) We almost caught some Canadians training at the ski jump, they rearranged the tour to get us right up there, but we just missed them. There is year-round training there. The free-style jumpers do their thing into a swimming pool. There was a large crowd there cheering them on. There's a snack bar and tables and chairs around the pool. They also run Olympic day camps there. We did the zip-line off the mountain. I was terrified, but it really isn't scary, and my 65 year old father-in-law did it twice. We did the sled ride too- that was fun, but try not to get behind someone who goes too slow. We did not do the bobsled, which is said to pull some serious G's.
Anyway, we absolutely loved our time at the Olympic Park, it was a definite highlight of the vacation.

Salt Lake City: We're glad we didn't do a day trip there. We stopped in on our way out of town and it was nice to see. We weren't able to fit in the Salt Flats or Promontory Point/the Golden Spike Museum (where the east and west railroads met in 1870-something. It's rather spaced out over there and would have taken several hours of extra driving. Access to the Salt Lake is limited. We went up to one spot just to be told that's a fresh-water resevoir- no salt. So, make sure you follow the signs to ANTELOPE ISLAND. That's the national park. You don't want to go in the Salt Lake w/o showers near by. Now I think the salt lake is worth a visit. It's really cool. HOWEVER, I do have to disclose that it felt rather like being in a Lemony Snicket novel. It was hot all week, so the lake had contracted (it's only somewhere in the range of 9-17ft deep, so it expands in the rain and contracts in the heat). We stop at the bathhouse and the walk to the actual lake had to be over 1/4 a mile. Did I mention it was hot?? When we got to the water there were these odd little flies COVERING EVERYTHING from 10 feet before the water to 10 feet in. At that point I really struggled with going on but-- happy days! the flies don't bite. I also found that I could splash a clear space in the water for me and the tribe. So we floated. It really is pretty neat. Three showers later we were back on the road.

A side light: Our next destination was Jackson Hole, Wyoming. If you ever get the chance to drive RT 89 from Salt Lake City to Jackson Hole, Wyoming: DO IT. What a country we live in!!!

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank unclewilly
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2007

Let me say that a roadside travel motel may be a good comparison to this condo/hotel. The room was dark, the furniture cheap, worn, and circa 1980, the bed hard and pillows lumpy.

Our room was not serviced properly. There was a rag on the bathroom floor for two days, the coffee pot (and area) was not cleaned or replenished, toiletries were not replaced and the shower curtain had mildew.

The kicker was that the fire alarm went off two mornings in a row at exactly 05:30 am! There was no fire, no PA announcement, no fire trucks....but it wailed for 20 minutes each morning!

I contacted the hotel after checkout and complained about the service, alarms, etc. The manager's response was - 'oh those darn mischievous kids' . Hard to believe that anyone was up at 05:30am two days in a row just for kicks. No attempt to accept responsibility for their facility and service.

Bottom line - our recommendation is don't stay here. It's was a $$$ overpriced member of David Hollands Resort Lodging. We contacted DHR and got the runaround - they misrepresent their locations and will not respond to complaints.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lovetotravel1959

Travellers are raving about these Park City hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2007

Four of us stayed for a week in a 2 BR 2 BA condo. Although the decor and appliances were a bit tired, everything was clean and comfortable. It was very spacious with a fireplace we used daily. We did see other units that were significantly more updated.

The location can't be beat. There is a bus stop immediately off the property. It is certainly within walking distance of the Town Lift, even with skis and boots. We also took advantage of the $3 overnight ski check as suggested. Walk up one flight of steps and about 1 NYC block to the Town Lift and the end of Main Street. Perfect proximity.

The hot tub is very large and clean. The condo was cleaned daily as well. The front desk staff was extremely helpful. We would not hesitate at all to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2007
3 Thank JerseyGirlinBmore
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2007

One of the best things about these condos was a good location. The free city bus stop was directly in front of the condos which are located on Park Ave. It takes about 5 minutes for the bus to take you to the the Park City Base and about 10 minutes to the Deer Valley base. The town lift was close, but too much of a groan to walk there with all your ski gear if you are not accustomed to the altitude.

My unit, 217, was serviceable. Everything worked. The kitchen was sparsely furnished, "K Mart" type pans, no cutting board, no can opener, no plastic food storage containers. The furniture and decor was tired looking. The carpeting and vinyl flooring in the bathrooms were not attactive and old looking. The unit was not inviting or appealing. I saw some of the other units while walking down the hall and some were actually cute. My advice would be to ask the management to email you photos of the inside of the unit you are considering before making a commitment. I personally would not stay in Unit 217 or 217-B again.

I arrived at 1 am as expected on the day of arrival. They have a front desk to help you which is good. I was given my keys and was told the bell staff would take my luiggage to my room. After waiting 45 minutes, I called to ask about my bags. They eventually admitted they had delivered it to the wrong condo to other people who arrived on my same plane. They advised I sleep in my travel clothes and they would look for it in the morning, because they did not want to wake the other arrivees up. Only after listening to how their bell staff was very good and my telling them that I could not sleep in my contacts and needed certain medications did they agree to go loook for it again and eventually I got it about 75 minutes after I arrived.

Stayed January 2007