All reviews main street hot tub bedroom sky suite the location is perfect room service hotel experience deer valley ski town turn down service shuttle service great property coffee maker off season end of the day apres ski spa amenities
Reviewed 7 February 2018

Short and sweet: despite describing itself as such, Main & Sky is not a hotel. There are no bellmen, the staff at the front desk barely look up when you enter the lobby and only speak if spoken to (and they aren't very helpful when they do speak), there is no breakfast available on site, the pool and spa remain closed, etc. The bed was not comfortable, the pillows were stiff, and the towels weren't replenished everyday. The location is fantastic and the building looks cool (great website!), but the lack of service and amenities do come close to justifying the price. One other complaint is that they charged us a half-day rate for a late checkout...even though the hotel was half-full at most and we were leaving on a Sunday. Call yourself an overpriced condo in a ski town and be done with it. Because, honestly, that is what I want sometimes...but this time I wanted a full-service hotel and didn't get even close to it. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank graywill
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I travel for my job, this hotel was the worst experience of my life. Poor service all around. The staff was horrible and i had probably 15 different complaints in 3 days. This place is under new management so not the same place as years ago. Trust me and do yourself a favor, find a different hotel!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
6  Thank KimberlyB2801
Reviewed 30 December 2017

First, this is not a hotel. I knew that going in. You should too. It has a great location in downtown Park City and the prices reflect that.

This place has gone way down hill.

It wasn't one major thing, just death of a thousand paper cuts. We arrived in the morning and changed and left our bags downstairs. We come in at the end of the day and I ask to use the luggage cart (nothing in our rooms) and the front desk person watches me load it myself (she is 3 steps away from me mind you).
Shuttle service starts at 9am - lifts and ski school open at 9 so that doesn't work.
No room service, no breakfast on property.
Housekeeping didn't refresh Shampoo or tissues.
Asked for humidifiers, got noisy units and one didn't work.
TV in one bedroom just didn't work and when asked, it didn't get fixed.
Fridge didn't work. when asked, replaced with a noisey unit without a handle.
Pool was "closed" when we were there - from other reviews seems to be the usual case so dont expect a pool or hot tub unless you get a room with one.
Oh and spa "was being renovated". Worked out as went to a great little spa on Main Street.

Just not a nice place and not worth the money. Management needs to wake up - this could be a great property.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Erik N
Reviewed 13 November 2017

My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson would disagree with this review. You whiny old man, they'd say. Well, my grandson might agree partially with me (more on that in a minute).
We like to drive from Jackson Hole to Park City once or twice a year. The drive is mostly pleasant, and off-season rates in Park City please us, too. Plus, there's grand shopping in the Salt Lake City area. So, on previous Park City visits, we've stayed in the Deer Valley and the Canyons areas. This time, we thought we'd try downtown. Main & SKY offered a decent rate.
GREETING: those first impressions really count. Does the staff seem genuinely interested in you? Do they appear pleased that you've selected "their" place? Do you get a feeling that they're proud of their establishment? Is there a "warmth" in the greeting? We didn't receive any of that at Main & SKY. Courteous enough, but pretty flat-line. And that really continued all weekend with other staff members. An exception: Bill the valet was pleasant and friendly.
THE POOL: we learned on check-in that the pool and hot tub were not available. They're not working, said the desk man. Pretty sad for my grandson (and he'd agree with this part of my review). And, when we asked if we could upgrade to a room with hot tub, again, sorry, not available. Pretty perfunctory. (Interesting note that we heard, but certainly can't verify, that the pool and hot tub "go down" about every two weeks or so. If the pool and hot tub are big items in your vacation plans, be careful at Main & SKY.)
OUR TWO-BEDROOM SUITE: comfortable but dark. And, here's a real kicker: we couldn't open a single window for fresh air. No invigorating, fresh, mountain air. We had to rely on the air conditioner. We told the front desk that one of the overhead lights in the living areas was burned out. It was replaced on day two of our stay but probably only because my daughter happened to pass the maintenance man in the hall. For some reason, one of the housekeepers replaced our coffee maker on day two. This looks interesting, we thought, so we tried it. It leaked water all over the cabinet. The second new coffee maker worked well. Beds were comfortable. We had plenty of hot water.
PARKING: valet parking is $25 per day with unlimited in-out privileges.
THE GOOD NEWS: A fine restaurant called Handle is only about 100 steps from Main & SKY. And that was one of the few good things about our Main & SKY stay.
OVERALL: we'll probably not stay at Main & SKY again. It was okay but certainly not great.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Our stay at Main & Sky was an absolutely torrid experience.
The Pool was out of action for the entire week we were there, the breakfast inedible, the transportation services limited and the reception staff were both incapable and indifferent to any form of complaint and providing any form of customer service.
The management then took an unauthorised payment from my Credit Card and after limited correspondence offered a small unacceptable discount which they never honoured.
I therefore entered into a dispute case with American Express who incidentally have been absolutely fantastic and supportive but it would appear such unscrupulous vendors can decline to engage with little consequence.
I will return to Park City ( a beautiful resort ) but will avoid Main & Sky at all costs as they are a dishonest hotel with faceless, poor quality management but most worryingly it appears they are unaccountable.
The owners do not seem to care or ever address the numerous complaints now arising through social media which is fortunately giving badly treated customers a voice !

Room Tip: Many rooms have poor natural light.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family