We stayed here for 5 days (summer). We split our time between an upgraded suite, and a standard room w/ King. The suite was amazing - butler service and all. We had to leave it, however, because our company paid for a less expensive room for the remaining days. The food was good, but pricey. The service staff was hit or miss in the restaurants. The food itself always took a long time. The service was basically non-existent at the pool - 2 different waiters took our drink order, and we never got them. The room service for missing items (like an ironing board and iron) was horrible. (It took them 45 minutes to respond to the request - he showed up with an ironing board, but without the iron, then came back with an iron that didn't actually work... we went to dinner slightly wrinkled)
We had friends who stayed in a suite the first night as well. Their experience was much worse than ours from a service standpoint.
The funicular is cool, but also can be time consuming if you like to come and go from the hotel - hello, you're in Park City... you're likely there to be active, so plan on this being a wrinkle when it comes to logistics.
The feel of the hotel is great though - lots of attention to detail.
I rate it 4/5 mainly because of the service issues and some of the inconveniences around logistics. Otherwise, it was a great hotel, with lots to do, and in a great location if you're going for hiking, biking, shopping, etc. The shuttle service was great for getting to Main St.
I'm sure it's great during the ski season as well, but I can't speak to that since we were here in August.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah