Every year we go to Deer Valley to ski and usually stay at the Stein. This year, we wanted to give St. Regis a try. It turned out to be a great decision.
At the check-in, we were greeted with cordial and professional staff. We were also pleasantly surprised by being updated to a suite with butler service and a wonderful view. The only catch was that the suite was not ready. While we were waiting, the staff managed to get our ski boots out of our luggage so that we could go to the ski-rental shop to get the ski fitted. We waited for almost two hours and passed the guaranteed check-in time. The room was still not ready. I went to the front desk and inquired about the delay. The staff was very apologetic but assured me that the suite, especially its view, was so spectacular that it would be worth of waiting. Meanwhile, he offered to treat us to either a dinner or a breakfast.
Needless to say, the hotel was situated right in front of the slopes and it was perfect for lazy skiers like me to get up, get downstairs , put my feet into the boots, walk out, step into skis and ski down the runs. The staff were so helpful - they warmed up your boots before you come down and they helped you put the boots on or taking them off if you just show a little sign of struggling. They always wore pleasant smile on their faces and were always ready to help.
We were exceptionally impressed by the restaurant on site and its very professionally trained staff. The waiters and waitress really knew well of every dish on the menu. They were personable but appropriate, helpful but not overbearing. And the food was great. We had a very memorable Valentine's dinner there.
It was a great experience staying at St. Regis. The only advice I want to share with fellow travelers is that when you oder UBER or Lyft service, you have to be very specific where you want to be picked up. It was not easy for the drivers to find their way up to the front lobby. I would recommend simply wait at the funicular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the slopes of Deer Valley, The St. Regis Deer Valley combines understated elegance with mountain ambiance. As the only resort in North America with a funicular and true slope side ski access, The St. Regis Deer Valley experience is incomparable. With its award-winning Jean-Georges' restaurant J&G Grill, a 14,000 square-foot spa, split-level infinity pool, ski valet service, and year-round family traditions and recreational activities, unique and memorable experiences are waiting at every turn. this hotel and resort is the perfect location for skiing and vacations. We also offer amazing event space for conferences, weddings, and meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Deer Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Hotel Park City
- The St. Regis Deer Valley Park City, Utah