All reviewsmargarita nightmovie nightindoor poolfull kitchenfront deskrail trailunderground parkingthrough rcihot tubgrub steakmain streetstudio apartmentprospector squarecontinental breakfastping pong tabletime sharewhite cheese
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This place is definitely older, but it is well kept. Our suite was very clean and nothing was broken. The styling is from the 70s, so if that bothers you, keep that in mind.

They have a pool in the center of the hotel and its indoors. It can get noisy when there are a lot of people in the pool so try to get a room near the edges of the hotel.

The hotel has a parking garage under the hotel that is gated, which was really nice. It provided security and easy access to unload my car as there is an elevator in the parking garage.

Overall, I really like this place. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the pool as it gets a bit loud at times.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank UtahCountyMickey
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I recently visited this property in Park City. I was very surprised! The building is older, brick, three stories. Each rooms has a balcony, and the interiors were great. Full Condominums (I had a one bedroom unit) with full kitchen, dining, living and all the amenities of home. Fireplace was great, and indoor pool, jacuzi and health club were outstanding. But best of all the service was outstanding for my associate and I. The staff went way beyond in providing us with service, transport, and accommodating our schedule to get to and from the super market!

We will be back and look forward to our next visit!

John Wayne

Room Tip: Ask for the units facing the mountain - great views of the snow and of Park City Ski Area.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank JohnWayne76
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The Park Plaza is a fairly good value.
The hotel is certainly not a WOW type property, but it gets the job done. I felt it was on par with a Holiday Inn Express.
It does exceptionally well with Trip Advisor ratings because they are reasonably priced and they exceed the customers fairly low expectations. For example; they have a cute little basket with water and cookies in the room, they have free parking, continental breakfast on Mondays, movie night Sunday..... etc. etc.
Trip Advisor ratings rewards these type establishments. I mean, really, what kind of ingrate would give a bad rating to a hotel that has a smooth check-in, friendly staff, and a reasonable price? They make it easy to forgive or overlook the negatives.
Well, I will give you the negatives. But first, I'll say that I would stay there again if the price was right.
Negatives: The hotel is a bit dated (see picture), but not terribly so. Like I said, it is on par with a Holiday Inn Express. If that is your cup of tea, then you will love the Park Plaza! I also had a problem with the shower water temperature. This may have occurred because I was showering at 9:30am, which may be a popular time...??? The water went from a nice warm temperature to FREEZING COLD to hot..... I guess I should not be too surprised for an older property. Being that I only stayed for one night, it may have been an aberration, but be forewarned. The good news is that I took a very short shower, which, no doubt, is great for the environment!
I am sure you will notice a theme from the other reviews. Everyone's expectations are exceeded with the wine and cheese party, the free shuttle, the breakfast, friendly service, etc....
I honestly think these freebees taint the reviews of the property.
It is a solid 2.5 to 3 star property.
If you go there with that expectation, you will be happy. If you expect a Hyatt, Westin, or even a Marriott, you will likely be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are there on Monday morning, they have a free continental breakfast. A representative is there from the Canyons ski resort (see review). If you ask her questions about the resort, she will give you coupons for free drinks (non-alcoholic) for everyone in your ski party. That is pretty good since they are $4 each on the hill!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Irvine-Robbie
MgrLauren, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

I wanted to thank you for staying with us at the Park Plaza and taking the time you give us your feedback. The range of room types within the property really does enable our travelers to book anything from our junior efficiency suite (as seen in your picture) to our large MINI, One and two bedroom condos with full kitchen, living room area & fireplace. We are excited to say that the rooms are progressively being upgraded starting with the larger of the unit types. Also, thank you for your positive words on out daily complimentary activities and ski shuttle...we think it is the little extras that can really make a stay. Next time you visit make sure to check out the other unit types as well. We hope to see you back in Park City soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Shuttle around town for free. Rooms are perfect.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Katmandu21
Reviewed 21 December 2011

This hotel is exactly one mile away from the histoyr Main St attractions. The hotel is tucked away in a nice quiet street. The room was spacious and extremely clean. The room had a fireplace in front of the bed. The room also had a divider between the bedroom area and hte kitchen area. The view outside of the bedroom was beautiful. There was a nice patio area. very private and quiet. I did notice on the grounds they had a place if you wanted to BBQ and hang out. The pool was located inside the middle of the hotel. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple