Park Plaza Resort
Shadow Ridge Resort Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$99
The Chateaux Deer Valley(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$191
Hotels.com
Marriott's MountainSide(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$130
Marriott
Hampton Inn and Suites Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$113
Hampton.com
Sundial Lodge at Canyons Village(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$129
US$98
Hyatt Centric Park City(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$178
Travelocity
US$342
  • Pool
Westgate Park City Resort & Spa(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$161
Grand Summit Hotel(Park City)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$164
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsmini suitemovie nightmargarita nightindoor poolfull kitchenrail trailfront deskthrough rciunderground parkinggrub steakhot tubmain streetstudio apartmentprospector squareping pong tabletime sharecontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2012

The Park Plaza is a fairly good value.
The hotel is certainly not a WOW type property, but it gets the job done. I felt it was on par with a Holiday Inn Express.
It does exceptionally well with Trip Advisor ratings because they are reasonably priced and they exceed the customers fairly low expectations. For example; they have a cute little basket with water and cookies in the room, they have free parking, continental breakfast on Mondays, movie night Sunday..... etc. etc.
Trip Advisor ratings rewards these type establishments. I mean, really, what kind of ingrate would give a bad rating to a hotel that has a smooth check-in, friendly staff, and a reasonable price? They make it easy to forgive or overlook the negatives.
Well, I will give you the negatives. But first, I'll say that I would stay there again if the price was right.
Negatives: The hotel is a bit dated (see picture), but not terribly so. Like I said, it is on par with a Holiday Inn Express. If that is your cup of tea, then you will love the Park Plaza! I also had a problem with the shower water temperature. This may have occurred because I was showering at 9:30am, which may be a popular time...??? The water went from a nice warm temperature to FREEZING COLD to hot..... I guess I should not be too surprised for an older property. Being that I only stayed for one night, it may have been an aberration, but be forewarned. The good news is that I took a very short shower, which, no doubt, is great for the environment!
I am sure you will notice a theme from the other reviews. Everyone's expectations are exceeded with the wine and cheese party, the free shuttle, the breakfast, friendly service, etc....
I honestly think these freebees taint the reviews of the property.
It is a solid 2.5 to 3 star property.
If you go there with that expectation, you will be happy. If you expect a Hyatt, Westin, or even a Marriott, you will likely be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are there on Monday morning, they have a free continental breakfast. A representative is there from the Canyons ski resort (see review). If you ask her questions about the resort, she will give you coupons for free drinks (non-alcoholic) for everyone in your ski party. That is pretty good since they are $4 each on the hill!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Irvine-Robbie
MgrLauren, Director of Sales at Park Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

I wanted to thank you for staying with us at the Park Plaza and taking the time you give us your feedback. The range of room types within the property really does enable our travelers to book anything from our junior efficiency suite (as seen in your picture) to our large MINI, One and two bedroom condos with full kitchen, living room area & fireplace. We are excited to say that the rooms are progressively being upgraded starting with the larger of the unit types. Also, thank you for your positive words on out daily complimentary activities and ski shuttle...we think it is the little extras that can really make a stay. Next time you visit make sure to check out the other unit types as well. We hope to see you back in Park City soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Shuttle around town for free. Rooms are perfect.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Katmandu21
Reviewed 21 December 2011

This hotel is exactly one mile away from the histoyr Main St attractions. The hotel is tucked away in a nice quiet street. The room was spacious and extremely clean. The room had a fireplace in front of the bed. The room also had a divider between the bedroom area and hte kitchen area. The view outside of the bedroom was beautiful. There was a nice patio area. very private and quiet. I did notice on the grounds they had a place if you wanted to BBQ and hang out. The pool was located inside the middle of the hotel. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jenna_samchar
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Just spent 3 days here in beautiful Park City at the Park Plaza Resort. Great location, shuttle service to all the attractions and across the street from Grubsteak and En Fuego restaurants. When we arrived the wine and cheese party was in swing (complimentary). The property is spotless, service absolutely outstanding! We had our unit pre stocked in advance so had goodies in place when we arrived. Every employee we met, from maids, maintenance workers and especially the front desk to drivers were amazing. Quadro, Lucy, Roberto - a great group. My one bedroom suite was perfect and fairly priced and very roomy. Great kitchen, fireplace, super beds! We ate out and the last night we ate at Prime on Main Street where they had a 2 for 1 special! Can't beat it - from the airport to the mountains in 45 minutes. We'll be back!!

We are now huge fans of Park City and will be back to the park Plaza!

Room Tip: Ask for a unit in front - great view of the mountains and the slopes.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank John W
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed here two nights early November 2011. Traveling alone, so I chose the smallest room. Although these usually have a murphy bed, this one had a regular king size bed - very comfy.
Room was spotless, very well equipped (fridge, micro, cookware, etc) --- extremely comfortable in every respect. TV and micro were a tad dated but of high quality and worked fine.
The small things were right - fluffy towels and robes, good water pressure, high quality coffee and toiletries, etc. Pool area (indoor), lobby were top-drawer as well. Check in and out were brisk and courteous. Within walking distance of good restaurants (Adolphos !) Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business