“Unique Dishes and Excellent Service in Ogden”
Review of Hearth on 25th

Hearth on 25th
Ranked #40 of 375 Restaurants in Ogden
Price range: US$17 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Hearth on 25th is what I would consider to be one of the few, if not only, fine dining restaurants on historical 25th Street in Ogden. The menu consists of upscale twists on traditional favorites and unique offerings, such as yak, which are pretty hard to encounter anywhere else.

We had a party of eight for dinner and were seated in the balcony room which offered a treetop view down 25th St. We had the room and the balcony to ourselves for the entire meal, which really helped to enhance the dining and conversation experience.

The restaurant has a good selection of wines and all of us were impressed with the Ondalan Rioja. I took the opportunity to have the Espresso Rubbed Yak, which was seared and served rare. It's a very lean and flavorful meat, reminiscent of bison, but it also reminded me of deer meat in the texture, but with no gaminess. The cauliflower puree accompaniment had just the right amount of fat that the meat lacked. The overall dish is not a large portion, so big eaters beware. I wish that the potato-leek cake had been larger or that there'd been two to make up for the trim cut of the yak.

Desserts are also small, but moderately priced at $6 apiece. I had the Italian Budino, a chocolate cake with a rich, gooey, chocolate center. It was really good, especially when paired with the saffron ice cream (which was sold separately).

Service from Michael and his team was excellent and they curated a great dinner that all the diners are sure to remember. And that's the point when going to a place like this - make memorable experiences, not just food.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

A group of four of us dined here on a Saturday night. We were warmly welcomed and seated at a table with a nice view above historic 25th Street and our drink and food orders were promptly taken. As a gin and tonic fan, I was delighted to see the extensive gin selection and a choice of house made tonic! We were pleasantly surprised to be served bread with two different types of balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping (my only complaint the whole evening is the bread wasn't anything special and actually tasted a little stale). We shared the burrata appetizer and several of us also ordered soup (tomato bisque and cream of asparagus). For mains, two of us ordered the lamb burger with truffle fries, one ordered the salmon and the other a vegetarian flatbread. Everything was delicious (the soups and truffle fries were standouts)! The service was top-notch. Our server explained menu items in detail and checked on us frequently. With jazz softly playing in the background, and tables spaced well apart, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

1  Thank yygrrl
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Everyone with whom I spoke guided me to this restaurant. I stayed in Ogden two nights and ate here both evenings. Both were excellent. Yak meatballs were yummy and a huge order. The salmon was perfectly cooked. The wine was good. and the service was also just right. They filter their water! A vegetarian can eat well. Not so many choices, but all good ones, especially if you eat fish.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

Nice view. Quiet place for a business dinner. The venue could be so much more but the food and drink is average.

1  Thank R M
Reviewed 8 March 2017

Came here on a Saturday night after a day of skiing. It's a more upscale restaurant, including some rare items like yak and elk meat. I thought the quality and the service of the place was very good, but felt like the quantity could have been a little more considering the price. Our food did seem to take a while to prepare, so the server provided our dessert on the house, which I appreciated. It's on the second floor of a building, and the ambience is very homely. Easy to talk to other people in the group, and there were large windows overlooking the streets. Cute spot.