“Excellent 4 course meal”

The Garden Grille & Lounge
Ranked #111 of 385 Restaurants in Ogden
Price range: US$20 - US$100
Cuisines: European, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Description: An Exciting culinary experience, The Garden Grille & Lounge delivers well-crafted original selections for every appetite. With its mix of top quality, familiar staples in addition to imaginative and seasonal dishes, this European style eatery will satisfy cravings and invite discovery.
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Took the wife out for a special occasion and was blown away by the unbelievable experience we had. First the staff very courteous along with being very informational about the cooking process along with almost every ingredient that was used in each course. The Exec Chef made a presence to verify everything is prepared well. Very nice gentleman. Very happy with the whole dinner extravaganza.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

It's Valentines Day. My husband and I are apart because I'm on a business trip. Valentine Day Dinner for 1. This is a nice, upscale restaurant. I choose it because it's in my hotel and other restaurants nearby are busy for the holiday. I am the 2nd person in the restaurant with one other man in a nearby table. I have a few requests for the waitress as I'm Gluten Intolerant and need to understand what I am ordering, also, I work for a company who does not reimburse for alcohol so I must get two separate receipts. About the time I order my delicious appetizer and salad, people start to arrive. One waitress, one hostess and a person who is trying to help the waitress take plates to tables and clear plates when the "couples" start to arrive. I become invisible. The focus on "the couples" and their service becomes the priority. It went downhill from there and I even felt bad for myself that I was the only woman in this nice restaurant that wasn't worthy of a rose because I didn't have a man at my table? Sad oversight. Oh, and in addition, a family with 2 small children, fussing, crying, etc are seated 3 feet behind me, the poor pathetic loner. I asked for my glass of wine to go so I could at least enjoy it. The food was excellent, the execution of the front of the house was extremely poor. I still left a 20% tip. Guess I just couldn't treat them like they treated me.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Very professional presentation of food and great that it's located in hotel. Good selection and restaurant very chic looking. Little cool as far as temperature in room so may want to bump up the heat. Wait staff very accommodating.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Since I am staying at the hotel, I decided to eat here. Read the reviews and decided to risk it. Oh, where to begin.
I just want to say one thing THE WAITRESS WAS GREAT did all she could. Kudos to her. I would go work somewhere else.

Greeting: good night just so you know, we are
out of the spring rolls and most beers and we only have some of the wine.
Not a lot of people drink at this hotel so we don't have much. She takes out a list of what she didn't have. Having a list of what is available is easier. But well. A little frustrating to order a drink. Not a PUB as described in Tripadvisor.

1. Bread basket: bread blah, not good just regular rolls but flavored olive oils and butter.. were good.

2. Crab cake: TOO MUCH FILLERS 50%crab 50%fillers. Not the best crab cake. Good crab cakes crumble when you cut them with the fork. The fillers on this one kept it together like glue.

3. The crab capellini (pasta) . OMG To overcook capellini or any pasta is a SIN, plain and simple. Pasta was so overcooked it stuck together like a mush. Extremely greasy and expensive. Seasoning was ok, a little salty. I just couln't handle the overcooked pasta and the grease. Again, waitress did all she could for the 4 tables she was attending and what was given to her. Very polite and nice.

BREAKFAST
Is good here. They have great pancakes, french toast and omelettes. Also a buffet breakfast. Slow service, short on staff.

I will eat breakfast here but dinner... never again. This is my hotel of choice in Ogden so I really wish the restaurant in the hotel was an option for dinner. Overall bad dinner experience.

Overall I think the restaurant has bad management and quality of food should be supervised often.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

The food and staff here are amazing. The red pepper soup is delicious and of course they have one of the best breakfasts in the business.