“Excellent food!”

The Sonora Grill
Ranked #6 of 401 Restaurants in Ogden
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Sonora Grill is a unique and independent restaurant serving regional Mexican cuisine in a refined atmosphere with unparalleled customer service. Executive Chef, Chris Mortenson, brings with him an impressive resume of experience from restaurants in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Las Vegas. Chef Chris along with owner Steve Ballard are excited to share their passionate interpretation of Mexican food with its patrons. The Sonora Grill will feature a large ceviche bar, catering, full bar and lounge, private party room, private banquet room, and take out with a walk up window.
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

We were very impressed with the food at The Senora Grill. Everything tasted delicious with fresh ingredients and great flavors. The calamari appetizer is hands down, the best calamari I’ve ever had in the Ogden area. We will definitely be coming back soon!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We have gone to Sonora Grill many times since they opened about 10 years ago. It is our favorite Mexican restaurant in the Ogden area.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

The menu looked good but that was about it. I’ve had a lot of Tex-Mex all over the country, this ranks among the least inspired I’m sorry to say. Let’s start with their house fried tortillas that were soaked in oil, they serve it with two salsas, one red, one green, neither has any kick. If you want one with kick they offer one with habanero “for an upcharge”...excuse me? I had a combo with an enchilada and some carnitas and something else I never really figured out. It was bland, all of it, and oily. Did I say it was bland? Quite disappointing actually but the margarita was good.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank jsteffenson
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

After eating here occasionally for 8 years, I can say with confidence that this restaurant never disappoints. Great food every time. And yummy salsa!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered an appetizer and shared a specialty. We couldn't finish them. There were delicious! Very good service.

Date of visit: April 2018