“Try the Mexican turnover”
Review of Wagon Wheel Pizza

Wagon Wheel Pizza
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Monticello
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

I often stop here on my travels in the area because the pizza is really good. This time I tried the Mexican turnover and it was very tasty. Spicy, which I love, but they will put on fewer jalapeños if you request. Iced tea is a bit weak but they have many soda choices. The turnover (calzone) dough is the same as they use in their pizzas--homemade fresh daily. The place looks a bit shabby and is obviously well used, but the food is reliably good and at a reasonable price point.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Dirty. Terrible food. Depressing place. Staff was friendly, not terribly health conscious though. I would make sure not to eat here again, especially with children.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We overnighted in Monticello after a fairly long day's drive and wanted an easy option: the Wagon Wheel certainly fit the bill. It's a very casual pizza joint, operating by a young and friendly crew and they do a pretty decent job of it.

The menu is actually reasonably varied and the prices are fine. The decor and ambiance are basic in the extreme, but you do get to observe some small town comings and goings and so that's interesting in and of itself.

It's alcohol-free, so just be aware of that and they do - obviously - offer take-out. It's probably more accurately a 7/10 experience - I have to deduct a point for no alcohol - but as long as you go in with the correct expectations than it's a more than acceptable option.

The acid test (that is, would I return): Sure.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The pizza isn't what it once was here. We ordered a large combination and it wasn't good. Crust was ok. Crispy but too thick. Not enough tomato sauce but lots of cheese. Salty cheese. Now I put salt on everything but this pizza was so salty you could barely eat it (my wife couldn't) And the toppings? A few pieces of peperoni buried under the cheese. NO sausage and a sprinkle of tiny bits of olive and bell pepper. I'll bet there weren't more than 2 olives diced on this 14 inch pizza. If you order pizza here save your money and just order plain cheese pizza since that's all you get anyway.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Our family was passing through Monticello on our way to Moab, UT to hike The Arches. It was dinner time and we were in the need for some delicious food. Wagon Wheel Pizza did not disappoint. They were having some issues with their oven that evening, but our pizza came out great! Every single piece of pizza I pulled of the plate had gooey cheese. How often does that happen anymore!?! It was great!