“Good portions”

Ranked #46 of 150 Restaurants in Midvale
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 22 March 2017

We had chicken teriyaki and the portions were very good. The sushi was also good and they have a wide variety of types of rolls and sashimi.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

We have been frequenting this restaurant for years. We really enjoy the rolls - favorites are the T&A, Crystal Shrimp and Ecstasy. The Chicken Teriyaki dinner is excellent as well. Try the Agadashi Tofu as an appetizer.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Found restaurant on Groupon and had a great dinner. Booths are a little narrow so maybe ask for a table if you are with a large group. The following rolls were really good: TNT, jezabella, and Snow White. Would definitely order again. Service was good and the waitress recommended some good rolls. They mentioned deals during the week so we will try to go back on a weekday bc the bill adds up quickly. Would recommend they play some music just so you feel like the whole restaurant can't hear each other's conversations quite as much.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

For over 20 years been having lunch here.. Always delivers, a good tradition for all of the local business owners. They Always get you in quick and provide good service.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Twenty-One years ago, I had the pleasure of visiting Suehiro Restaurant, where I had my first opportunity to try Sushi and Sashimi. I was impressed and dined there often. As a businessman working at a nearby office, Suehiro was close, convenient and often crowded for the lunch hour. Even then, they had a beautiful marine aquarium that I enjoyed, while waiting for our table. The people were friendly and as a frequent diner, I received promotional cards for their Customer Club.

The Customer Club promotional card is a – Buy ten entrées, and the eleventh is – FREE. As a regular customer, this was the perfect way to reward a person’s loyalty. Unfortunately, the time came when my office relocated and I was unable to frequent Suehiro as often as before. To my disappointment during a return visit, when I presented my Customer Club card for a free entrée, the server said, “I’m sorry, we no longer honor this promotion.” Why? I asked… because, “the business is under new management.”

No Honor? Really! Perhaps I’ve seen too many movies, like the “Last Samurai” but I thought that Honor is a founding principle of Japanese Culture. In American Culture, I believe that we share the same founding principle, known as Integrity. This is not a clash of culture, but is more a reflection of the individual owner’s business policy. So, honestly, if there is no integrity between one owner and the next, then how you can trust a restaurant that serves raw fish? So, when in doubt, spit it out!!!

While I have raised my disappointment with the owner, there was no effort to honor the promotion for which I had been a frequent and loyal customer. No, I never received the eleventh, FREE entrée that I had earned. No, the beautiful marine aquarium is gone. Although I had enjoyed the Sushi and Sashimi, I should say that I will reflect on better times, and sadly fading like a memory, I am also gone.

Been to Suehiro Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!