“Consistently good food...”

Ranked #47 of 147 Restaurants in Midvale
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

For over 20 years been having lunch here.. Always delivers, a good tradition for all of the local business owners. They Always get you in quick and provide good service.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Twenty-One years ago, I had the pleasure of visiting Suehiro Restaurant, where I had my first opportunity to try Sushi and Sashimi. I was impressed and dined there often. As a businessman working at a nearby office, Suehiro was close, convenient and often crowded for the lunch hour. Even then, they had a beautiful marine aquarium that I enjoyed, while waiting for our table. The people were friendly and as a frequent diner, I received promotional cards for their Customer Club.

The Customer Club promotional card is a – Buy ten entrées, and the eleventh is – FREE. As a regular customer, this was the perfect way to reward a person’s loyalty. Unfortunately, the time came when my office relocated and I was unable to frequent Suehiro as often as before. To my disappointment during a return visit, when I presented my Customer Club card for a free entrée, the server said, “I’m sorry, we no longer honor this promotion.” Why? I asked… because, “the business is under new management.”

No Honor? Really! Perhaps I’ve seen too many movies, like the “Last Samurai” but I thought that Honor is a founding principle of Japanese Culture. In American Culture, I believe that we share the same founding principle, known as Integrity. This is not a clash of culture, but is more a reflection of the individual owner’s business policy. So, honestly, if there is no integrity between one owner and the next, then how you can trust a restaurant that serves raw fish? So, when in doubt, spit it out!!!

While I have raised my disappointment with the owner, there was no effort to honor the promotion for which I had been a frequent and loyal customer. No, I never received the eleventh, FREE entrée that I had earned. No, the beautiful marine aquarium is gone. Although I had enjoyed the Sushi and Sashimi, I should say that I will reflect on better times, and sadly fading like a memory, I am also gone.

Reviewed 30 April 2016

We stopped in for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon towards the end of the lunch rush. Obviously they were understaffed and though there were quite a few empty tables they had not been cleared. We were told that we would need to wait about 10 minutes. Once we were seated the service was quick and friendly. The sushi rolls were mediocre with fish that tasted pretty fresh (for Utah) but no real flavor in how they were prepared. We also ordered beef sukiyaki after reading some raving reviews about it. I though it was interesting, a little too sweet, but not bad. I don't think I would order it again. The atmosphere is really nice inside and they have somewhat private booths. The servers were friendly and attentive but I don't feel like the food was really worth the price.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

Can always count on this place to perform, great food, not to big of portions and priced right for lunch..

Reviewed 4 December 2015

We enjoyed this place for many years when we were up for Japanese food. For a short period they seemed to be in decline. But our latest visit indicated it has returned to the high quality of which we were accustomed. The food is cooked to order and arrives fresh and hot. We had tempura and soup. Both meals met our expectations. They offer soup and salad with meals. Both are a nice touch and the salad is always very fresh. Service is good and meals are well presented.