US$149
US$144
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

US$142
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

US$158
US$181
US$169
Aikens Lodge(Kanab)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$88
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

US$144
US$126
US$146
US$142
US$124
US$120
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

1,005 results
All reviewswestern hotelsroom was cleanmain buildinghot tubfamily suitewafflesrocking vgrand canyonthe breakfast areafree breakfastin townhot breakfastking bedgreat place to staysouthern utahlake powellsmall town
Reviewed 31 July 2016

I booked this hotel, as I use BW to collect points and am usually very happy with where I stay. This hotel was clean, but many other parts of it would make me not stay again. My biggest issue was value for the price - I have not stayed in Kanab before, but I knew it was a touristy spot for other locations and I stayed as I could not get a third night in Page. I paid nearly $180 USD, which I figured was par for the town in summer.

Well, I found it a worse experience as far as quality than other Best Westerns in smaller towns, that charged $100 a night or less on this same roadtrip. I am not sure if they are taking advantage of the average hotel costs. Front desk staff was great at check in, my room was clean, which are both good things. The hotel is old and creaky, but has been kept well. Parking was a problem. They don't seem to have enough spots for the # of rooms. When I checked in another guest was complaining. Kanab is a quiet place, so many other places to park nearby, but certainly not convenient with bags or mobility issues.

The breakfast was literally in the basement, and it looked and smelled like someone's rec room from the 70s or 80s. Lot of space, but some tables were in a large open area, perhaps for a conference. Breakfast was one of the lowest quality I have had at a Best Western actually, considering the price they were charging. This hotel was way more than I paid for the Best Western PLUS in nearby Page, which I would recommend rather than this one in Kanab, only an hour away.

Not the hotels fault, but I had loud neighbours, and because I had a room with an adjoining door (I was in room 226) I heard everything of the family with kids literally running and jumping around and trying my door, which was pretty jarring at 10 - 11pm when I got in and wanted to rest. I asked through the door for them to stop, and called the front desk and they did what they could, which was to call and ask them to quiet down. I could even hear the parents talking (the words) when the kids had quieted down. Luckily I got up before them, so I had a good sleep, the bed was comfortable.

I did give the hotel this feedback before writing this review in their own email survey. The response was a general one, saying they would like to have a chance to have me stay again, which won't happen.

Room Tip: ask for a room without an adjoining door if you do not need it
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank westcoast74
Ed_HotelGM, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Thank you for your recent stay. While happy to hear you found clean comfortable rooms and a friendly staff, I’m disappointed that your overall experience let something to be desired value wise. Your experience is not our normal standard. We are a popular spot during certain summer weekends, and I suspect this was the case with your reservation. Please give me a call directly when booking with us the next time your travels bring you to the area - if you would be willing to give the hotel another try. This way, I can assign a leadership team member to personalize your experience. In the meantime, we wish you continued and safe travels!

Reviewed 31 July 2016

The facility was clean & bed comfortable. The room was hot and the air conditioner did not work; froze over. No attempt to fix it or even offer a fan; very uncomfortable. The TV remote did not work, needed charging; fixed on our 2nd nite.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for leaving feedback here. We are investigating your stay to determine what might have occurred with your A/C. When we encounter an issue in a unit, our team can usually make the adjustment on the spot. Alternatively, we will offer a guest an alternate accommodation. I am very sorry we were unable to remedy this during your stay. Please call the hotel leadership team if your travels bring you back to the area so we can manage your stay to ensure a better experience. Thank you again for choosing Best Western Red Hills.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

My family stayed here a night while visited Zion N.P. We got in after dark and got a room. We went to the room and it seemed ok. Was odd that there was not a bathroom exhaust fan. A few hours later we awoke to discover that the room was super hot and humid. The air conditioner was definitely not working. I walked to the office to let them know about 2 a.m. The desk person said sorry, nothing he could do. Offered a fan. By morning my son was running a temp from heat. The new desk clerk asked how my stay was upon check out. I explained how miserable it was. He only responded with "sorry", and moved on with his work. No discount was offered, no attempt to do anything. Sad excuse for customer service and a best western. There are many hotels in this ton. Choose any besides this one! My family was excited to leave.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Clinton W
Reviewed 19 July 2016

I paid $168 (with taxes) for a night here: got 2 beds in a room that had a fancy-ish bedspread and a fridge, but was otherwise a classic cheap hotel room with a broken curtain, yellowed towels, industrial carpet, and the reek of cleaning chemicals. Management sets out envelopes and cups asking you to tip their staff, both the housekeepers and the people running the free breakfast. Its true these people are doing a very good job and deserve good compensation, but after I pay $168, I expect the hotel to give staff a living wage and not ask me to feel sorry for how little these good people are getting paid.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Ed_HotelGM, General Manager at Best Western Red Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Thank you for your feedback. While it sounds like you had a decent time and experienced genuine, welcoming hospitality from our staff-- I’m sorry that the option to tip them caused offense and led to a 2-star review. As with any establishment in the hospitality industry where it’s customary to tip your servers, the option to do so here is also optional. Guests asked where to leave a tip, so we provided the envelopes and cups. We are very conscious at keeping our room rates at a value given whatever the current market is in the area at that time. Most find their rate to be a great value given the area, but I’m sorry to hear it did not suit your personal preference. Please note that in booking directly, we are able to offer the best rate available and can personalize your visit overall to insure that you’re in the room best suited to your specific needs while traveling. We hope to hear from you again the next time you’re in Kanab and in the meantime, we wish you continued and safe travels!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

We booked Best Western Plus months ago using the AAA rate. We needed to add a day and although it was the Fourth of July weekend, they honored the third night for the same low rate. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Although the hotel is located on a busy road, the noise level was very low. The pool is located in the parking lot, but my granddaughters enjoyed taking a break from hiking to cool off. There is a veranda to sit out of the sun. The rooms were made up early so when we returned to rest we didn't need to wait for them to be cleaned.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Greeting, and thank you for your recent extended stay over the holiday weekend. I’m glad we were able to get you in at the rate you desired for an extra night despite the timing. Our pool is a sure hit for cooling off during the heat of the summer months and I’m glad your family made good use of enjoying it. We hope to see you again next time and remember that the best rates are always found when booking directly with Best Western Red Hills. Happy travels!