“The best mix of outdoor recreation and comfortable amenities I've ever found.”

The Bear River Lodge Equipment Rentals
Ranked #5 of 7 things to do in Kamas
Reviewed 7 December 2010

The Bear River Lodge is located on the North Slope of the Uintah mountains on the mirror lake highway. The snowmobiles and ATV's for rent are in top notch condition, and it is wonderful to exit a cabin, climb on your sled or ATV and ride. The pressure of "getting your money's worth" doesn't exist because when you are tired, you go back and relax in the cabin, pool, or hot tubs, and then go ride again when you feel the urge. The cabins have full kitchens which let me bring and eat the foods I wanted. It was truly a relaxing vacation with my family.

Reviewed 5 December 2010

I've snowmobiled several times from the north side of the Unitas and have stayed at the bear river lodge three times (5 total nights). If you haven't seen the lodge(s) in the past few years, everything is bigger/better and nicer.

I'm tentative in writing a review because what makes this area some much fun to snowmobile in is that it's not very crowded and i like it that way. I'd take the terrain over west yellowstone any day, plus you don't have the wooped out trails to get to the fun terrain very long.

In short, beautiful area, great terrain, very nice place.

Reviewed 22 February 2010

My friends and I rented snowmobiles from the Bear River Lodge and used the services of a local guide who happened to have worked for various other snowmobile outfitters. All of us, including our guide, were appalled at the complete and total lack of professionalism and friendliness exhibited by this outfitter. It appears that the employess view renters as an inconvenience. Their rates are higher than most and they really stick it to you once you return for the day and the sleds are inspected. My advice: rent from anyone but these folks - if you do rent from them, dont be one second late on your rental return, ride the sleds as delicately as you would an antique automobile, don't expect to be treated as an appreciated customer, and be prepared for all of the extra expenses that are sure to come your way upon the return of your rental. Almost any other outfitter in the area would be a better choice.

bearriverlodge, Owner at The Bear River Lodge Equipment Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2010

Sadly this post was made by an individual who is trying to open a rental shop accross the street from us.

Please note in the post that it refers to a snowmobile guide. It is completely illegal to guide in this national forest.

The individual accross the street from us has illegally outfitted for a few years and is trying to promote his illegal business. You will notice that the individual who posted has never posted before or since and there is no information identifying who they are.

Please consider our other posts and history. We strive to provide outstanding customer service to each and every customer.

If you have any questions, please contact me directly. I am the Owner and Developer of this property.

Thank you.