I guess this is the best you can get in the landscape around it. You have to drive far to Capitol Reef National Park to get lodging and if you add the price factor, then this motel in Hanksville is an excellent choice. What was impressive was the cleanliness and the size of the room. The staff appeared a bit aloof, but they were descent enough to charge us zero for a day when the room service was not able to come. As for Hanksville, there is not much to do there except if you use it as a base to get to Bullfrog Bay on Lake Powell, where lodging is more expensive, and then continue your drive to the Capitol Reef National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hanksville motel gives you a great central location in the grand circle of southern Utah's national parks; this is why Whispering Sands Motel is premium Hanksville lodging. Enjoy the Satellite TV, wireless internet, air conditioning, and clean/comfy rooms that do include Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Whispering Sands Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Sands Hotel Hanksville
- Whispering Sands Hanksville