See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2016

Visiting the area, we thought we'd save a bit. The first room was not what we reserved and it was unbelievably terrible. The second room was beyond dirty, in serious need of repairs! We've traveled overseas and have stayed in somewhat primitive housing. But this was just filthy. What's more there is several able bodied family members who could be making it better. Unless you need a roof over your head from the rain or walls from wind do not go here....not ever!

Room Tip: Keep moving or sleep in your car
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank 70Craig
Reviewed 7 September 2015

This was the absolute worst motel we have ever experienced.
We are two couples spending the weekend in Canton and the website showed nice, moderate pictures of several models.
We booked 2 California King suites and none of the advertised photos remotely resembled what we encountered.
At first entrance to room, we were overpowered by a musty, moldy smell.
I had to use the restroom and walked into a dirty, stained shower , sink, toilet that reeked of sewage odor.
The "kitchen" was barely accessible due to little/no room with the refrigerator partially blocking entrance, and sink, oven cupboards were filthy as well. It appeared nothing had been wiped down or cleaned in quite some time, and I did not open anything, as I was reluctant to touch anything.
I attempted to put our coolers in the fridge only to find unknown traces of substance /dirt inside, and was immediately hit with the stench of "old" and mold.
I turned down the bed, which smelled musty and encountered faded (possibly dirty) sheets - hard to tell with the lack of adequate light.
My husband is a cancer patient and his chest began to hurt, whereas it confirmed our brewing decision to leave (I hesitated only because of his fatigue )
We walked two doors down to see if our friends' room was as bad as ours only to find it was unbelievably worse.
Their bathroom towels were actally two-toned (formerly white) , as they had not been washed in who knows how long. (The inside of towel somewhat white, the exposed side, faded and tan-ish color)
The bathroom door / wall had faded smeared unknown substance (appeared to be blood) from fingers (possible cut??)
The floors in both of our rooms were stained and filthy.
We were all prepared to sleep in the van that night if we had to (we were lucky enough to get a B&B right in Canton )
From now on, we will be sure to check reviews instead of relying on their website.
Thankfully, we got all but $10.00 back of our pre-paid 2 night stay (in cash, as she didn't know how to cancel/reverse credit card transaction ), and and that was a non-refundable "service fee".
We didn't argue, as we couldn't run out of there fast enough.
I'm not usually the type to take the trouble to do this but we felt strongly enough about the situation and also submitted a complaint to BBB (they are not rated at all)

Room Tip: Check all reviews before booking a hotel
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christina W
Reviewed 17 December 2014

This is a really filthy hotel. The lobby was full of dirt. There were dead plant leaves all over the floor and a build up of dust all over the window sills. In the room, the bed appears to have dirty sheets on it. The door had a splatter on it of some liquid, like a soda had been dropped and it splattered up on the door and never cleaned off. The light switches and the walls around them were all black with finger prints. I took a Lysol type wipe to clean them and it was black before I even finished. The shower was so small and dirty as well. The shower curtain was full of mold along the bottom. When I tried to shower it willed up with water instead of draining. I wasn't sure what kind of fungus I was standing in from the water that backed up. I turned on the bathroom fan and that caused the shower curtain to be sucked inside the shower, while I was in it. There were bugs inside the room, we killed several while there. Though we paid for two nights, we only stayed one because we just couldn't bear the thought of staying there a second night. Horrible all around.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family