“excellent NY style pizza and pasta”
Review of La Scala

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Scala
Ranked #5 of 6 Restaurants in Westlake
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 30 September 2017

very good NY style pizza, recommend highly, they get the crust right, and inexpensive, great for families.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

While attending a work retreat at the Marriott, I had lunch here. I ordered the grilled veggie sandwich. It was twice the size I expected. Not only were the veggies perfect, the bread was very good also.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

The pizzas there are fine, worth trying, if, again, not amazing. I would avoid the pasta dishes, which, at least in my experience were terrible.

Also, this (the attached bar) is a smoking allowed establishment, so be forewarned if intending on dining there – for smokers a rarity, for non-smokers, likely best avoid and order room service.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Let's get this out of the way first. The food here is good, not great. People describe this as NY style pizza. The only thing NY about it is the size of the slices. The crust is not NY. It's not bad pizza, it's just not true NY pizza.

This place is a great little joint for people looking for a local bar where you can smoke. The bartenders there (love you Alex) are awesome. I was there for business for 4 days and it was a welcome stop from the nearby hotel for some reasonably priced drinks. Smoking is allowed in the back bar. If that's not your gig, you've been warned.

I did try the veal scallopini one night. Ordered it with angel hair pasta. Meals here are dirt cheap (my veal was under 10 bucks). It was true veal, not pounded pork. Nothing over the top fantastic but it wasn't bad either, well worth the money. Would have liked more flavor in the sauce but again, it was worth what little I spent on it.

Check this place out, there's a reason they've been around for over 20 years. Just don't expect true NY style pizza.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Not just an Outstanding pizza place.

They have a full Italian menu with veal, chicken, beef, Italian sausage, steak and seafood. Full pasta and salad menu items.

We started with Bruschetta on fresh baked Italian Bread.

We decided to do the traditional meals. My wife had Fettuccine Alfredo and I had Spaghetti With Italian Sausage. It came with unlimited fresh hot Bread although there was so much food we had to take some home with us.

Then we were in for the biggest shock of the year. The bill came and all of this food was $22. We always drink Ice water with our meals so drinks would be a little more

I have paid more than three times this price for less quality and quantity.

This is some of the best Italian food I have had outside of a Five Star restaurant.

Best find of the Year! We will be back!