“Super Fresh and Delicious!”
Review of Jinya Ramen Bar

Jinya Ramen Bar
Ranked #7 of 161 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Reviewed 11 August 2015

My son is a huge Naruto fan and tries to eat ramen as often as he can get away with. This was our first time going to a ramen bar and eating non-instant ramen. We were looking for non-meat options, so vegetarian or seafood dishes. They have only one vegetarian option for the ramen but do offer a few other vegetarian and seafood sides. Check out the online be menu before going because it is a limited selection. I'm not sure if the seafood options have any meat broth or not, as we have not tried any of those yet. I have to say, the vegetables in the vegetable ramen tasted wonderful! I could taste how fresh and crispy they were. They were not overcooked in the least bit. Loved it!

They say a greeting when you walk in that I was not familiar with (and can't remember). I asked the waitress about the greeting and she seemed confused by the question. Either she didn't know what it was either or assumed everyone should know and be familiar with the custom. She tried to explain it but since she seemed caught off guard by the question I just left it alone. I think it's a traditional Japanese custom for ramen bars but I'm still not sure. I also wasn't sure if a response is expected from the customer.

The serving size for the ramen is huge. My son can usually eat a lot but neither or us were able to finish. Next time, we will probably just order one ramen and order some other sides/tapas to share. Worth visiting again.

Reviewed 5 August 2015 via mobile

We are on honeymoon and the receptionist in our hotel recommended this place to us and we are so grateful. We are in Houston for 2 nights and we are just about to head to Jinya for the second evening. The food is absolutely amazing and the barman,Dylan I think, was absolutely fantastic. He explained the menu to us,made recommendations,chatted to us about our US trip and was genuinely a lovely person.
Thank you all for a wonderful experience. It is literally the nicest food we have had on our trip so far.

Reviewed 4 August 2015

Hip and happening Ramen Bar/Restaurant. Great menu with wide variety of ramen dishes. Good service. Slightly pricey but sort of worth it.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

I have been wanting to eat here for months. We are always in town at Scoutbar and I always beg to drop by. I finally got my wish! We walked in and were greeted by the hostess and then the other staff all greeted us loudly. At first glance you can be taken back by how cool the inside of this place is. Decorations really get you in the mood for some top notch RAMEN!

We were sat at the bar and greeted by the bartender, Trevor. We explained we had never been here before and he helped us manuver the menu. We ended up getting an appetizer (Jinya No. 3) pork gyoza and it was so flavorful! They have differently sauces at each seating area, including gyoza sauce, and it really added an awesome kick to the food. Trevor helped us choose our main meals as well, I chose the Jinya No. 1, Tonkotsu Black, and my other half chose a specialty item (a spicy dish) that was highly recommended. Food came out fast and was in larger portions then we expected. We were offered forks (thankfully, for my other half) and enjoyed the new flavors. It appears they have a large selection of alcoholic drinks, including hot and cold sake.

Never in my life have I had a ramen this amazing and fresh! We were bragging about it for hours after and still are. This will be a new go-to place when we are in town!

Reviewed 27 June 2015

When I was first told about this place by a co-worker, I laughed at her. Really, a restaurant where you go eat ramen noodles? Then I came to TripAdvisor and read the excellent reviews, went to their website and reviewed the video and menu and my wife and I decided to give it a try tonight, along with our 6 year old son and 5 and 8 year old nieces.

We had two appetizers -- deep fried brussel sprouts with truffle oil (highly recommend) and pork gyoza (sort of like pot stickers, also highly recommend, I think there were 6-8 pieces). I had the Jinya No. 1, my wife had the chicken wonton ramen, the 10 year old had her own bowl which were noodles without broth, butter and broccoli (you can create your own ramen bowl and choose from many toppings and sauces). The younger kids both had a kids meal which included a bowl of noodles, crispy chicken, fries, and some fresh spinach with chicken cubes. The kids meals were huge and only $8.50. We could have had them split the meal as we brought home enough for both of them to have lunch tomorrow. We all walked away stuffed. The food is excellent and we'll definitely be going back again.

The only complaint was my bowl of ramen came out first, before the appetizers or any of the other's food. But that was only a minor deal and because of the quantity, quality and price of the food, plus the friendly helpful waitress, we went home very satisfied. It's not exactly cheap (with tip we paid $80, but I tip generously, the bill was $65) but it's worth it.