“A small local family owned hangout with huge portions for little cash.”

Joe's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Watauga
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a pizza place near our hotel and found Joe's as a good option. Upon arriving we were greeted promptly and seated. Not wanting to stuff ourselves on appetizers, we were going to order a main course and be good with that. My kids were asking for breadsticks and the server offered some on the house. I'm sure glad he did as they were delicious. Crisp, light and flavorful. The pizza we ordered, Joes special, was huge for a large but crisp crust and generous toppings. We couldn't finish and took home a box. I was surprised too see a couple bring in their own wine bottle, but I guess they're ok with that. Others I observed ordering wine also... Not sure about there outside beverage policy. If you're nearby and like big NY style pizza, stop in.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped at Joe’s on our way to San Antonio, only because we were starving and we needed something for a Friday in lent. Boy were we glad. They had fantastic N.Y. style pizza and their homemade sauce was perfect. Three of us ate for $25 including tax and tip. First thing they brought out doughy, hot, fresh bread. Their baked ziti was oozing with cheese and everything I dreamed of. Sorry I didn’t take a picture of it. They advertise as best pizza in Texas and I don’t doubt it. You won’t regret stopping here! We will be back on our way back to DFW!!!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We had a party of six and were able to be sat immediately. Each entree and with a salad and garlic bread . I was impressed with the house made tomato based vingarette . The meatballs were well seasoned and full of flavor . Our guest really enjoyed the egg plant Parmesan , my husband enjoyed his mushroom ziti . I was able to share the tour of Italy alongside spaghetti and meatballs . The by far have the best fettuccine Alfredo . Great creamy sauce that is not overpowered by garlic butter or clumpy cheese. Very impressed with the establishment.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Enjoyed a fine meal here with friends. The restaurant is a family operated business. Our friends who are regulars were greeted by name and were acknowledged by other regulars. The decor is 'homey' and comfortable. We ordered and our meal came out promptly. I had my favorite Chicken Parmesan and my wife had the Chicken Picatta. Both were excellent and portions were quite generous. I took half of mine home and I am a big eater.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

The pizza is awesome pretty sure it comes from oven not a conveyor belt oven . Pasta my favorite food ( spaghetti ) is pretty good. I am very critical of spaghetti now I have always had it to go .