“Newest/Best Chinese Buffet in Waco”
Review of Vegas Buffet

Vegas Buffet
Ranked #253 of 439 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 6 January 2015

Clean, well decorated, new, spacious. Have eaten here three times now; have brought guests to eat here. Has mongolian grill included in price; has Sushi included in price, extensive seafood. Have tried the other large chinese buffets in Waco: Summer Palace (small, cramped, limited selection) Ace (a lot of dishes left out too long, overcooked, and quite a bit of filler dishes (i.e. mozarella sticks)). Clearly this place is better than either of those.

There seems to be a bit of a chinese buffet food war at the moment in Waco--lots of coupons flying around, so look for discounts in weekly flyers and online. This one has a frequent dining program, every 10th meal is free, they stamp your card.

1  Thank neuroshrink

Reviewed 31 October 2014

The Mongolian grill was great, as well as the boiled shrimp taste just like we were on the coast. We when by at lunch and really enjoyed the meal. Wait staff and cooks were great. We will be going back.

1  Thank MCtravler
Reviewed 5 September 2014

My family went to have dinner here and it was the worst restaurant we have ever been to. I love Chinese food but this was sour tasting, especially the eggrolls. I had to spit everything out. Being hungry, I tried the ice cream thinking that must be okay, but it was also very sour and spoiled. There was way too much food out and only 6 people in the place. My husband ate the seafood and sushi and said it wad okay, but spit out the buffet items as well. He said the grill items looked old so we didn't try it. The waitress was very polite and we did not complain to her, she didn't make the food and let it spoil. Shortly after leaving my daughter and I got very sick. Please don't eat here, its a gamble. We will be reporting to health department, they need to try the actual food here. We learned a lesson and will stick with happy wok for our Chinese.

1  Thank ScreenName123487
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I love the Mongolian stir fry where I can pick my own ingredients. Its not Genghis grill but it taste great.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Maybe I should have heeded some of the other reviews. I will say I did not try the stir fry part of the buffet. I only tried the parts that were setup like a normal buffet. Most of the food was lukewarm, and underseasoned. I truly could not recommend this restaurant. Maybe if you try it you will have better luck than me.