“Great Food - Worth the Wait”

Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 437 Restaurants in Waco
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

We went at 4:00 on a Monday so didn’t really expect the long line but the food clearly showed why it is so popular. We had the chicken breast Pechuga Alfonzo and it was fabulous! Very glad we shared it because there was a LOT of food.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Ninfa’s in Waco doesn’t compare to San Antonio Mexican food but it’s atmosphere and service is near the top! The food is sometimes bland but presentation is wonderful.
And the flour tortillas are handmade and delicious!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Very Nice dining room, service, and good food.

Let's start with the only negative the salsas were not spicy. Now my son would cheer and be quite happy with the red and green sauces.

The Pechuga Alfonso, was really delicious. A chicken breast covered in a white sauce of shrimp, ham, bacon, over white rice. Really unique and very tasty. I also ordered a puffed queso, and the main dish had beans and tortillas.

The service was the best of anything. My waiter checked on me and made sure I was ok. Very vigilant and helpful staff.

Flan was ok. The menu is extensive and not overly pricey.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I will go with only negative first - green and red sauce for chips was not spicy.

My son would say this is a positive.

Now to super filling and delicious food -

Pechuga Alfredo, super tasty, and huge. Chicken breast with shrimp, bacon, ham, and tomatos in white wine sauce. I asked for No ciliantro and chef did great.

Cheese puff side and mango margarita were super delicious. Only drank 1/2 of margarita, as it was filling in only remaining room in body.

Waiter, Greg, was super attentive and patient with my order questions. Constantly checked on me.

Greg had a full dining room but did not miss a beat.

This was an outstanding choice for dinner.

Located at south end of strip mall. Lots of parking.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

As we left our visit to The Silos, we asked a security guard for a dining suggestion. Ninfa;s was a great choice. They are located nearby in Spice World Village which offers many dining opportunities. We had to wait abut 20 minutes for a table, which is a good sign for a Monday night! Food was excellent as was the service. I had smothered red snapper that was amazing and also a lower calorie option, that is rare to find in Mexican Cuisine.....allowed me to enjoy some chips and salsa. Our waiter was a new employee and he hustled and was very attentive and friendly....I wish I could recognize him by name,,,,but don't remember!

Been to Ninfa's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!