“Surprisingly great food”
Review of Mama Fu's

Mama Fu's
Ranked #163 of 416 Restaurants in Waco
Reviewed 15 July 2016

When I pulled up to this joint, I almost changed my mind and split. It looked like a chain restaurant, similar to Panda. My first visit to Panda was also my last.

I tried it anyway, since it was getting late.

I ordered the Kung Pao Sichuan with chicken, hot and sour soup and vegetable egg rolls.

The place must've been 65 degrees inside.

The egg rolls were delicious. The soup was a disappointment. Too beefy; too beef brothy.

The chicken was awesome. It could've used more onion, but the flavor and combination of peanuts, Hunan peppers and celery clicked. I ordered it without red bell peppers but it came with them anyway. Huge pile of tasty brown fried rice, but I don't eat much rice.

Great service.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

This is a Pan-Asian fast food place with offerings mix of Thai, Chinese, and South Asian cuisine. The servers are helpful as the ordering menu is a bit confusing. I had the pork curry which was flavorful and spicy. Good place to eat.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Best thing might be that they offer a gluten free menu. My daughter appreciated that. I had Orange chicken. It was marginal. Kind of mushy. My son had Pad Thai and Really liked it. Maybe I should've have that. I will give them one more chance.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Great service, nice variety of Asian dishes, clean and tasty! Try the daily specials that are off menu. Really special!

1  Thank sexysun
Reviewed 20 March 2016

When you walk in it appears to be a copycat of Pei Wei. But the food had much better flavor. It was a little confusing when you walk in because it appears like you order at the counter but I was told that was at lunchtime. In the evening they have wait staff. Although it took about ten minutes before we were waited on. All four dishes we ordered were great. I would go back next time I'm in Waco.

Been to Mama Fu's? Share your experiences!