See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2016

Thank you so much for saving our trip to San Antonio. It was just before midnight on Friday when we arrived at our place of lodging to check in when we were informed that they had canceled our reservations and did not have any rooms for us. Lovely.....

I asked my Dad to contact the base to see if they had anything to offer at the last minute. He was reluctant but did anyway. The person that answered the phone was able to provide us a house for our family that suited us very well. We were much better off than we set out to be.

Once my parents arrived at lodging on base, they both gloated with pride, like I remember from growing up with my Dad in the Air Force. Every day my Dad left the house to go to work in his dress blues, there was a sense of pride and class that he wore when he left. I remember seeing that on many occasions as he spent 22 years before he retired as a Senior Master Sargent.

Thank you for bringing the class and pride back to my parents, as they deserve it. It was well worth it just to see my parents the way I remember them and also to be treated with respect and class by everyone that we came in contact with throughout the base, something you don't experience outside the base very often.

Next time we travel together we will always check for base lodging before public hotel/motel.

Great place to stay!

Melissa Crabtree

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed 6 June 2016

I love the history of the different AF Bases, and the fact that the rooms have literature that shares the story of where you are staying. Randolph AFB lodging offers up the old Officer Barracks as DV quarters at $69/night. Not bad. Opened in 1931, you can almost feel like you have traveled back in time staying here in 2016. Friendly staff, beautiful verandas with plenty of rocking chairs to enjoy the breezes. Enjoyed a fresh coffee in my chair whilst watching the T38s fly around. Cool place. Comfy beds and renovated rooms make for a nice restful stay.

Room Tip: DV ground floor if you can wing it.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank AF_Travellers
Reviewed 20 February 2016

I loved the historic Bldg 110! It had quality furnishing, nice tiled shower, Keurig coffee makers in the room, nice lighting, loved the separate living room and the cleanliness! The large tiled veranda with multiple white rocking chairs was heaven! The only suggestions for improvement would be to nix the coffee creamer powder. That is not a nice touch or a quality service. Please provide shelf stable liquid coffee mate to go with the wonderful Keurig. The second would be to get a quality shower head and sink faucet. Would stay again and the price was wonderful!!

Room Tip: Ask for a suite! Not much more than a regular room in price and it's wonderful.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2015

I'm sorry but "You can buy hand sanitizer in our General Store" is NOT the appropriate response when the water is suddenly shut off for 5+ hours with no warning to your guests. Also, both Business Center facilities are broken. This PCS experience is punctuated by a bad hotel experience as our family starts here in TX. Do not recommend.

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Tamara N
Reviewed 3 February 2015

We have visit Randolph AFB on 3 occassions and have enjoyed it all 3 times. The staff is nice, the service was great, and they always have something going on. I have to admit though, I have never seen a base that was designed like this one and I have been to many bases. It is unique and constructed like no other. I would definately recommend staying here for those that can.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a different part each time and all have been quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family