See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 June 2017

This hotel is very nice. The beds are comfy and rooms are very clean. I liked the cool shampoo and soap dispensers in the shower. The pool is clean and enjoyable to relax anytime. Overall great place to stay and great value. I would come back anytime.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
abviresponse, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you Patricia for taking the time to post a review. We are always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and will come again.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

The owner of hotel was AWESOME last day here my last day of work.The zipper on my work clothes became unthreaded.So no time for Walmart,he called his own mom to get my zipper fixed.just in time for me to go to work:)thank you Mr Dhilip for caring about your customers.

Room Tip: be nice to the front desk worker
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Mr. Dilip does go above and beyond in his efforts tohelp our guests.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

I work for one of the smaller OTR companies that run across the U.S. Recently, when coming through Carthage, my manual transmission in my volvo went out (turns out the clutch finally gave out), and Halls Truck Service recommended this hotel. I was skeptical upon arrival due to the area, but everyone seemed to have a cheerful bout about themselves, or at the very least kept to themselves. Upon arrival, staff was prompt and service was excellent. They listened to my issue, provided an excellent single bed room for smoking, and provided information on where I could get the best food and where the nearest corner store was.

The location of the hotel is supurb. It has truck parking for perhaps seven to ten trucks (ten if you're really good at backing or manuvering) - under the condition said driver stays the night - and right across from it is a denny's and dairy queen within walking distance. Across the street is a corner store with decent stock of supplies. It's quite easily one of the most centralized locations I've seen and had the priviliage of staying at.

Overall, my impressions have been extremely positive. Wifi signal - while a bit off at times - is excellent. The staff and the morning breakfast (while a bit sparse) is excellent. THe bed and room are excellent and the bathroom and shower are above average in terms of comfort (though excellent overall). I think the kicker is when I struck a very brief conversation with the cleaning lady (one of them) named Misty. She solidified my opinion on how friendly and wonderful this hotel is, especially to someone like me whose stuck out here so far from home. Props to the hotel for hiring such a wonderful, polite, courteous cleaning staff to provide such courtesy.

Conclusion: The only hotel in Tyler I'll stop again. Period.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Drakomis

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are very pleased that you found suitable for your stay with us. We strive to provide a positive, relaxing experience for our guests.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We just loves the entire staff and family.
Great assistance with everyone there.
Beautiful pool, lists of clean towels, great breakfast, ice, big parking area. Is accomodating exct staff is quick to help us

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzette T
abviresponse, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2016

Dear Suzette,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the compliments on the staff.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

Granted we booked on price, but the hotel could have been better. I felt safe and the room seemed clean (if you didn't look at the carpet). showers had that soap and shampoo dispenser on the wall apparatus that never seems to be functional and breakfast was nothing to write home about. Check in clerk was friendly but next morning the clerk seemed to be not just in a sour mood, but mad that we were there. Kids liked the pool, though no towels were offered so bring your own. Overall- this place is a budget hotel but the place across the street advertised on their sign a cheaper price and they were a budget hotel chain (that leaves the light on...) that is reliably clean (would have had to spend the extra money on breakfast for me and the kids though, so it was a wash)

Room Tip: the rooms in back had two steep steps up- if you are older or have a lot to bring in, check it out first.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
abviresponse, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Tyler/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear Rick, thank you for taking the time to post a review. We regret that the morning clerk was less than friendly. We will have maintenance inspect the soap/shampoo dispensers. Pool towels are available at the front desk upon request.