All reviews outdoor kitchen starlight theater ghost town fluffy towels nice patio meatloaf big bend coffee shop terlingua area unique place spent one night a great place to stay queen bed dirt road chisos hill cafe
Reviewed 21 February 2016 via mobile

We gave them well over two months notice that we wouldn't be able to make the trip. They did not refund the deposit and said they could not rent the room. I'm skeptical about that as it was supposedly the last room available when we reserved it. I apparently have a credit to rebook but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2016

Our room was the Santa Elena, and it was rustic, cozy and just right. The nice thing about the website is they give you a breakdown of each room at the place. Location is near the top of the hill, with a great view overlooking the park and easy walking to the Starlight. The view really makes sitting by the fire pit and the patio something special. The food and the coffee at the shop down the hill are both very good and recommended. Drawback is the communal bathrooms, but they are kept very clean and warm. When you check in they leave you a note and the keys are in the door. It is a special place. Stay a while.

Room Tip: Santa Elena is next to the bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank uncle_vlade
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Beautiful rooms, lovely staff, amazing town - I can't recommend this place highly enough. It was the highlight of our trip. After many days on the road, the outdoor kitchen was very welcome and it was lovely to cook outside under the stars. Don't be scared of the shared bathrooms - they're sparkling clean and no problem at all.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2016

I have stopped in to this place each day since I have been here mostly after a long hike to have a late breakfast or lunch. Great food, great service and wonderful people from the area to give you tips about what to do next.

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed 28 December 2015

My husband and I stayed here in December and loved it. We were traveling with our 2 dogs on our way to Big Bend. Staff was very accommodating and let us check in early to kennel our dogs and give us more time to hike.

We stayed in the Santa Elena room which was a little small, but roomy enough for all of us. All rooms face one of the two beautiful patios. Though there are shared bathrooms, they are very nice and we never ran into other guests. There are only a few guest rooms and most of them were empty while we were there.

There are two fire pits and a super nice outdoor kitchen stocked with supplies. We had a whole patio to ourselves and had dinner outside by the fire, made s'mores, and stargazed. Amazing!

I agree with other travelers that it is a bit pricey. If you're looking for a standard hotel with all the amenities you usually find at this price point, then it's not for you. But given the limited options in the area, great location (in the heart of Terlingua, watch out because some "Terlingua" lodging is a bit out of the way), and charming rooms and outdoors spaces, we found it to be a wonderful experience that was worth the price.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple