All reviews outdoor kitchen starlight theater ghost town fluffy towels english muffin private bath big bend nice patio walked down coffee shop within walking distance breakfast burrito unique place spent one night national park mimi guesthouse
Reviewed 25 January 2016

I have stopped in to this place each day since I have been here mostly after a long hike to have a late breakfast or lunch. Great food, great service and wonderful people from the area to give you tips about what to do next.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 28 December 2015

My husband and I stayed here in December and loved it. We were traveling with our 2 dogs on our way to Big Bend. Staff was very accommodating and let us check in early to kennel our dogs and give us more time to hike.

We stayed in the Santa Elena room which was a little small, but roomy enough for all of us. All rooms face one of the two beautiful patios. Though there are shared bathrooms, they are very nice and we never ran into other guests. There are only a few guest rooms and most of them were empty while we were there.

There are two fire pits and a super nice outdoor kitchen stocked with supplies. We had a whole patio to ourselves and had dinner outside by the fire, made s'mores, and stargazed. Amazing!

I agree with other travelers that it is a bit pricey. If you're looking for a standard hotel with all the amenities you usually find at this price point, then it's not for you. But given the limited options in the area, great location (in the heart of Terlingua, watch out because some "Terlingua" lodging is a bit out of the way), and charming rooms and outdoors spaces, we found it to be a wonderful experience that was worth the price.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2015

Cozy, rustic, and charming rooms that really embrace the desert feel of Terlingua. The hotel utilizes shared bathrooms (just steps from your room), but the hotel is not typically full so it is a non issue. The breakfast at the café is a wonderful place to meet fellow travelers and have a great cup of coffee.

This is not a luxury hotel, and is supposed to be a bit rustic. This is part of the charm and is what you pay for. Don't stay here if you are looking for a modern motel. Stay for beers around the fire pits under the desert stars, and coffee on the sundecks on desert mornings.Stay here for something different and fun. It makes a perfect starting point for adventures into Big Bend or a romantic getaway.

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2015

I stopped here for a late breakfast in mid December when passing through Terlingua. Had delicious french toast and good hot coffee sitting out on the al fresco veranda. Such a wonderful and eclectic little place to sit and soak up the sights and sounds of Terlingua. Chatted with the owner a bit and visited with some of the locals as well. Found it hard to pull myself away and get back on the road. I can't wait until my travels take me this way again!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

Do yourself a favour and stop here. Rest and relax and take in the scenery! The locals are a hoot! The food is phenomenal and some of the best coffee in the world!!! From here you are within walking distance of several galleries and other attractions!