“Good Choice”
Review of Howard Wang's

Howard Wang's
Reserve with OpenTable
Howard Wang's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 176 Restaurants in Southlake
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Good service and big portions. Better than average Chinese food. - Nice decor - Good prices for lunch - I had lo mein and it was very fresh -

Reviewed 8 February 2018

This is a lovely restaurant. But to be honest, I've learned to dislike Americanized Chinese food since I started eating better (and sometimes crazy) stuff from restaurants in Richardson. But we were here with a group and I didn't have any say in the matter. So for what this place serves, it's ok, though horribly overpriced.
I started with some hot sake and an order of Spicy Sichuan Steamed Wontons. They were fine, but not one hint of spicy. Hubby got the Braised Pork Belly. It was nice, but again rather bland.
Hubs ordered the spicy crispy beef stir fry and I ordered the ginger beef tenderloin. Or at least I thought I did. What I ended up with was just the beef tenderloin. It was ok and cooked to a nice medium rare, but was BORING. And for $26 I think I was robbed. I actually didn't notice that I got the wrong dish until the next day when I was eating the leftovers and went back online to re-read the menu. I might have had a different opinion had our waitress written down the correct order, or had I noticed when I was served. My only question to her was "wasn't I supposed to have Chinese broccoli with this dish?" and she said no. I was busy chatting with my friends so I didn't want to bother asking to look at the menu again. I wish I had though. Seriously, the more I think about it, the madder I get thinking I might've enjoyed my meal more had I gotten the correct thing.
Oh well, no need to go back and try again at these ridiculous prices when I can get the same boring flavors from cheap Chinese delivery, or better yet get a fantastic Sichuan meal at better restaurants for half the price.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I have strongly mixed feelings about my first dinner at this restaurant. The food was truly excellent and came in decadently large portions. But my table also experienced the worst service I have ever experienced in any restaurant. The waitress got two of the 4 orders totally wrong. She forgot to place a drink order with the bartender, She disappeared for a long time when it came to getting a check. She ruined the evening for me!

If your waitress is fairly large and has dark hair, ask for another table. After a while of her service I began to think she was deliberately making our experience horrible.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Great service Great Value!
While the menu offers the typical fare of a Chinese restaurant,also offered is Korean BBQ. The appetizer of steamed Spicy Sichuan Won Tons were exquisite similar to a dim sum. Main course Cantonese Chicken included pork shrimp snow pease water chestnuts in a tastey garlic sauce.
The fare was full of flavor! Fresh as fresh can be.
Check out the menu...

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner, having appetizers and then sharing Peking duck, General Tso’s Chicken, and Ginger Beef Tenderloin among four people. GT’s Chicken was order extra spicy, but was not-still very tasty. Service was attentive and prompt.