“Excellent taste and service, no wait for table at prime lunch hour”
Review of Malai Kitchen

Malai Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 177 Restaurants in Southlake
Reviewed 10 February 2018

We stumbled across this place and were wonderfully surprised. Got there a little after 12 p.m. on a Wednesday and the two of us were seated immediately at booth within bar range. Bartender was there within minutes, pleasant and professional; got water and answered our menu questions. Quickly brought a little tidbit of sticky rice and sauce.

Both the Drunken Noodles and the Pad Thai, Shrimp appealed to us but we couldn't decide who would get what. When bartender came to take order, we said we wanted one of each, but hadn't decided who was getting which one--he immediately asked if we'd like to split them and offered to put both dishes in the middle with separate plates so we could split as we desired--excellent suggestion and it worked great for us. Even better, done graciously without a charge for splitting meals as some restaurants do.

Both meals were excellent and large. We ended up taking leftovers home which they boxed up for us very pleasantly.

The only thing I wish was different was that they had a less expensive glass of chardonnay at lunch time. I'm not a wine connoisseur and just prefer a wine that costs less than my meal.

Will definitely return.

Date of visit: January 2018
Carissa W, Guest Relations Manager at Malai Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal. :) I'll make sure our management team sees your suggestion about the lunch wine - we appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Went here on the basis of the reviews, and was not disappointed. About a 20 minute wait for a table, but not surprising as it was 7pm on a Saturday. Service was great, very friendly and obviously knowledgable and passionate about the menu. The food was excellent. Curried crab dip for appetizer, Yellow curry and Lemongrass chicken for entree. Will be recommending this place to everyone :)

Date of visit: January 2018
Carissa W, Guest Relations Manager at Malai Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thanks so much for the great review and feedback! We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Love this place. My wife can not get enough of the coconut soup, and I am all about the PadThai. Now granted- I’m not a real adventurous diner at Asian Themed Restaurants, but I feel like this place really has a fine menu

Date of visit: January 2018
Carissa W, Guest Relations Manager at Malai Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Thank you so much for the review - we really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, top flight service and great food.
I’ve eaten here 6-7 and never disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2018

Thank you so much for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

A friend took me for my birthday. We had the thai tacos, lemon grass soup and the special of the day which was a salmon dish. I had to flavored tea (going back to work) which was tasty and not sweet. The server was beyond great. Because this was our first time, he had great suggestions. The service was excellent and the it has a fun atmosphere.

Date of visit: April 2017
Carissa W, Guest Relations Manager at Malai Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Happy birthday! Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal and look forward to seeing you again soon!