All reviews best westerns walking distance hot breakfast great hotel restaurants and shopping hotel breakfast clean hotel short walk to the beach yogurt public access would highly recommend this hotel bed was very comfortable staff was very friendly and helpful up to date during spring break stay there again the hotel staff
Reviewed 12 September 2018

My stay was disappointing in South Padre Island. The road construction in front of the hotel with out any type of communication was very unprofessional and deceitful considering the advance reservation booking. The check in was about a five minute wait. The receptionist seem to be overwhelm somewhat, in my opinion. Parking was a cat and mouse scene, really it was"there a parking spot hurry and get it". What nonsense, The hotel is in a good location five minute from the beach not two minutes like the advertisement states. Breakfast was not that good, the coffee and juice I guess was the highlight. Get there early of course, breakfast is served early. The ice machine was not available on the second floor. The floors seem thin. Our second night I had to call on a unit on the third floor. They or someone paced the floor from midnight till about four AM in the morning, it was terrible. Rooms were very comfortable, clean, and modern. This motel near several restaurants less than five minutes away. Good restaurants, Pier 19, Black Beard, not to Impress with the healthy burger restaurant. The restaurants on the beach or excellent, and not very expensive. The hotel give s out a list of recommended places. Visit the beach, The Ocean Turtle hospital, The north end of the beach is less crowded, but away from the eateries, etc. Port Isabel has traditional venues and customs. Visit the beach at night the sky views or spectacular. I would recommend another hotel base on my stay at Best Western Beachside. I was not impress at all with the hotel considering the price that I paid for nights we stayed. Book your stay in advance to save on pricing.

Room Tip: Take earplugs just in case someone partying are pacing the floors after midnight.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The service was so friendly that the desire to please was almost palpable. The room itself was a study in comfort and effectiveness. An example: most bathrooms don't have sufficient exhaust fan capacity to keep the mirror from fogging after a hot show, but no problem here. A great breakfast and the area was kept immaculately. Keep doing everything the same way as you do it now.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Very clean, very quiet, good breakfast, short walk to the beach. Would definitely stay again. Exactly what I expected and the room was pretty spacious for the price point. Friendly desk staff. No complaints here!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Hotel looked fairly new. The room was nice and clean. Not too far from the beach. I stay at best westerns for work and got to use my points to stay for free the entire trip. I will be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tejal P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Thank you for being a valued Best Western member. Glad you enjoyed your vacation and thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. Hope to see you again soon. South Padre Island in the fall and winter is the best vacation value.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Will never stay againGive a credit for our first night being poor the shower did not work the air didnt work there was no maintenance guy there and no other rooms available we had a our grandbabies and it was rough with them getting so hot and the room had a weird smell to it and when we first got there our grand baby found a jar of vaseline in the floor by the bed. When we complained they said no rooms were available and the next day they called right before we were to go on a boat tour and we missed the tour and took a later one to go change out rooms our new room was much better the air worked the room did not stink we were fine with the new room. When we checked out I asked for a discount and they only offered a 10% discount which was not much we should not have had to pay the first night it was a horrible experience. I got the final receipt it was the same as what my reservation said I was to pay I talked to the mana her said the amount I was talking about was before taxes and he did take 10% off but I have my email as proof of the charges I am very unhappy with the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tejal P, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Beachside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not find your stay enjoyable. I would like to apologize on behalf of some of our associates that you felt that way; I can assure you this was not our intention. Our team is usually praised for their professionalism, friendliness, and attentiveness. The general manager will contact you regarding this issue.