See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

I needed a hotel fast and one that was in my budget. I looked on booking.com and found this place. I was happy with the pics and price so I went a head and booked. Upon arriving I was disappointed. The outside was so trashy looking and rinky dink. The office stunk and looked like something out of a horror movie. I went to check in and they told me they didn't even have my room ready, that I'd have to wait 45 more minutes. My check in time on my reservation was 3pm, it was 5:30 when I arrived. Luckily I had family staying on the island at a different location so I hung with them until my room was ready. Finally around 9pm they called and told me my room was ready. That was a very long 45 minutes. I went to my room and I was even more disappointed. The beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable. I'm 6 months pregnant and I slept like crap my whole trip! I found multiple roaches (little and big) throughout the room, stains on the blankets and what appeared to be mold in the bath tub. I requested house keeping the next day while I was out. I came back to the hotel to find they had been there but the blankets were changed and they didn't give us more toilet paper. What house keeper doesn't replace the toilet paper? (We were completely out when they came) so I called down to the office to let them know that we were out and they told me they'd send some up. They never did. I sent my son to go ask for some the next morning & when he went he came back and said no one was in the office, the door was locked but the sign said opened. Very stupid for a motel. Anyway I ended up calling that evening when I got back from the beach and they finally brought more!

I was so glad to leave this roach motel, you don't even know. I do NOT recommend this place at all. Splurge a little and go somewhere else. I don't even wanna give them the one star that is required for review.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank katiesR2887JT
Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Before May 19th I stayed countless of times because I love the 24hour pool and white screen playing movies. But on that very day they charged me a $40 security deposit in case any damage. I looked at the older man whom at this point I believe is the owner, like I said I've been there before, and I asked him "you guys never charged me a $40 dollar fee before. I left on a Friday right after work so I had no patience to argue with him. He reassured me that they put it back in a week. 2 weeks later I remembered so I called to follow up on the $40 they took and NEVER put back. A lady answered takes my number down and tells me she'll call me back in a week. Once again i forget. So I called today (June 16th) and the same lady answered, and the conversation goes: "hi I'm calling because I called weeks back pending the $40" I get cut off by the lady "we're working on it" I said "you don't know who I am?" She gets mad asks me why did I talk to her in such manner...at this point I'm annoyed. So I tell her "I'm calling about a situation, you tell me you're working on it but you haven't even asked for my name" she's still questioning me on how I said "you don't know who I am" she she cuts me off and says give me your name and number and we'll call you back then hangs up on me. I'm not exaggerating I called back 7 time and they all went to voice me. The whole thing was sketchy. They can keep the $40 but never again! Families beware by all means but don't let them "charge" you a security deposit they're just trying to steal from you.

Ps I have receipts and screen shots off all the times I've called.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Creepy looking hotel. I was so disgusted with the appearance of the hotel that I refused to stay there with my kids. It took a whole to even find an employee necause the front desk was left alone. I asked to cancel and employee agreed. Next day I was still charged for room and they refused to give me a refund.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Letty C
Reviewed 9 May 2016

This place was filthy even after it was supposedly cleaned. No towels, dirty sheets, doors that wouldn't close, filthy kitchenette, and a bathroom that did not look like it was ever cleaned. They were supposed to offer dishes for the stay, you had to rent them, and even then, they were paper plates! And now it is called South Padre Inn. Horrible, horrible, horrible, don't ever stay there!

Room Tip: Stay away!!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank stmkr
Reviewed 17 July 2015

Very displeased with my stay. My family came down and we reserved this place. The rooms were in poor condition, not a place I want to relax. Felt icky and dirty as if roaches hid in corners.

Only good thing, was the beach was close by and the bar was close by.

And although you could bbq outside on the patio. Some of the other guest were extremely loud, The Police even showed up, apparently some even happened that needed their attention.

Not worth staying here.