Blue Bay Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Suites at Sunchase(South Padre Island)
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Suites(South Padre Island)
Very Good 4/5
Isla Grand Beach Resort(South Padre Island)
  • Pool
Padre South Hotel(South Padre Island)
Good 3.5/5
Gulfview II(South Padre Island)
  • Free Internet
La Copa Inn Beach Hotel(South Padre Island)
Very Good 4/5
The Inn at South Padre(South Padre Island)
Good 3.5/5
Peninsula Island Resort & Spa(South Padre Island)
Good 3.5/5
Pelican Landing Condominiums(South Padre Island)
Very Good 4/5
    Pearl South Padre(South Padre Island)
    Good 3.5/5
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Hello,

I was so disappointed in my stay, there were several issues that I felt negatively impacted our vacation.  I don't feel that we were given the best service when we checked in.  The man in the front wanted to argue with my guest about an additional fee.  One that I myself, was already fine with and had already paid.  (Eventhough, it was a surprise at check in and I felt that was weird already.) I just didn't think it was necessary for him to even discuss it with my guest, let alone argue with him about it.   The next thing was,  the maintenance man was in our room, watching tv, when we walked into it.   We noticed our air conditioner was not working, so we tried turning it down and giving it an hour to cool.   That's when we notified the front desk and left for 3 hours.   When we had come back,  it still was not fixed for another 45 minutes.   I was frustrated with that because we couldn't take our showers and get ready while the maintenance guys were working on it, so it impeded on our dinner plans.   Then, when I was using the hair dryer, it shut off 3 times.  Until finally sparking from over heating and completely dying; definitely a fire hazard.   None of my problems could not be addressed by the staff at hand as I was given a flyer and instructed to call the number. The number led to the front desk where the same man that gave me the flyer was. He then gave me the hotel email address and instructed me to send my concerns in an email, as the manager checks them himself. I sent 4 emails with no response. I continued to call over the next month, all with excuses.   I feel there were several opportunities missed in our short stay where we could have been provided with better customer service.   We could have easily been moved to another room because of the inconvenience.   An upgraded room would've made sense for the situation but, really any other clean and working room would've been appropriate. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! These people are crooks. Aside from that, the rooms are tired and old. There were updates done, that obvious. It still just felt like this was where every unsafe, underage party happened and the staff to go with it.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
    1  Thank Amber W
    Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Came out to relax with my husband the first day was Very noisy from the people partying at the pool the stereo was cranked they where singing louder than the stereo When I made a complaint the noise got louder they had no control over there guests. Garbage/ food and beer cans left scattered and floating in the pool. Room was dirty toilet leaked no tub. There was only carbs for breakfast. No place to sit at breakfast. Elevator did not work and random mattress and chair in the hallway I would not recommend this place.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Abygayle45
    Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Great hotel, just what we needed with king, view, balcony, great night time view of the bridge, and kitchenette! Pool was a little loud with large families with kids, but they were having a ball! Clean and comfortable!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Blue Bay for three nights in a suite with a kitchenette. It was perfect for us. We had a balcony looking out on the back bay. The place was a little old but that's ok. Convenient location and very friendly staff. You are paying for location on South Padre. Would go back on our next visit.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank John B
    Reviewed 1 December 2016

For the price it was just alright (we didn't pay much). The view of the bay...well it wasn't what I expected from the previous reviews. Maybe we didn't have the right room, but I saw trash cans and dirt. There were a lot of cats around the pool area too, I guess that keeps the rats away. We stayed 1 night which was enough, they have 2 elevators but one was broken and there was a weird smell.

We stayed another night at the Econolodge that was down the street, it was actually much better. If you just want a place to sleep for 1 night then this may be alright, but not for a week stay unless you are on an extremely tight budget.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple