See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed Sunday night through Friday morning in room 208! It had a balcony over the pool and a great view of the bay and the bridge! The room was nice, clean, and had carpet, thankfully! (The beach and sand does not mix with hardwood floors and no broom!) The staff was very nice, accommodating and very helpful! My only small issues were that there wasn't a clock in the room and the location requires you to make a u-turn if you want to go to the north end of the island. Not a biggie! I can't tell you about staying at this hotel through the weekend but if you are looking for a place to stay in SPI through the week, you can't beat this place for the price! We had a great time!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeri A
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

The front desk staff was very accommodating and honored the price I saw online (through Travel Advisor) The rooms are basic and no frills. The hotel itself is in dire need of some renovations yet all in all wasn't a bad experience. The breakfast was kinda a joke yet we were warned by the front desk. The room we stayed in the a/cworked great and our room stayed cool throughout the night.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2016

We visited this property in April, 2016. It was to celebrate my wife's recent birthday and to introduce our new dog to the Gulf waters. Our 12 year old Beagle died last year wile we were in Paris and our 22 Year old cat died not long after. We rescued this dog from the streets since she was starving and nursing 4 pups. We had her fixed and medicated and she is now healthy and active at just over 1 year old. We were so pleased to find a hotel in SPI that allows pets. They only charged us $10 per night. They offer a variety of rooms and we chose a balcony view with a king size bed and small sitting area. It came with a nice (larger than usual) refrigerator and hob (think electric stove top). However, if you wanted to cook in the room, there was no pots, pans, dinning ware, etc. There is free breakfast with coffee, cold cereal, muffins and cook your own waffles downstairs. There is a nice pool and it is not far to Beach Access #1. There is a great view of the sunset over the causeway bridge from Room 410. This seems to be one of the better rooms.
Oh and the new dog - absolutely hates the water!

Room Tip: Any room with a Balcony. I recommend Room 410.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenfults
Reviewed 17 April 2016

Our family came here for a brief Spring vacation at the end of March 2016. Originally, we reserved a double queen w/ a balcony and a double queen. We asked that the rooms be near each other. However, they were separated by a hallway. There weren't working exhaust fans in either bathroom. My husband and I had the queen with the balcony. There was no clock in our room and no towels. My mother and daughter didn't have a phone in their room and the cord to the microwave didn't reach the outlet. The young man at the front desk switched us to adjoining rooms on the 4th floor. He was very apologetic. My hue front sband and I no longer had a queen with a balcony. The young man at the front desk said he was not authorized to adjust the rate and would advise the manager. That was March 28, 2016. Today is April 17, 2016 and despite leaving 4 or 5 messages, no one has called. Also, the rooms we were moved to smelled like urine, the window was broken and boarded over (there was a gap in the window). The last day the maid left nasty rust in our toilet, torn towels, (we left her a tip that she didn't bother to take). In my Mother's room, instead of giving her clean towels, she re-folded the dirty, wet towels. There was no coffee maker in the room. There was a filthy chair by the ic machine. the breakfast in the morning was a joke! You're better off gong to McDonald's or Denny's. The Wi-fi never worked. So, I don't understand this "resort" fee. My husband works for one of the major airlines. So, we do a lot of last minute travel. While the front desk staff was nice, the management of this hotel is engaging infalse advertising and poor custromer service. I would never recommend this establishment to anyone. I will make sure to post this review (with photos) on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+, Kayak, Priceline, etc.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank rhondaw472
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Daughter and friends checked in for Spring Break and were up front with staff when making reservations that there would be a 5th person in the room. There was an additional charge to have that 5th person in the room (twice as much as what the website advertises which was paid). When checking in, they were told they would have to pay an additional $80.00 if they wanted a cot.

When they asked for more towels, they were told they would need to get the towels themselves out of the laundry room. The elevator did not work and neither did the hot tub. The only breakfast option was cereal.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends