1,776 results
All reviews swim up bar pool area off season hotel restaurant bedroom condo hot tub great pool beach access view of the ocean family vacation mercedes valet padre island bellman spi sapphire
Reviewed 11 September 2018

I chose the Pearl based on reviews and recommendations, however the state of the resort was rather disappointing. It may have been because it was at the tail end of the summer, but we felt the hotel was tired, scruffy and dirty, our room had not been cleaned thoroughly and was in need of refurbishment.
However, the service, staff and the food was superb, especially the Sunday Brunch which was outstanding.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim C
AnabelG276, Director Of Rooms at Pearl South Padre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed the resort although you had some concerns. We are to be upgrading our rooms in the near future and all are very excited for the changes! we hope that you can try us again in the future!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

The positives were: Friendly staff. Parking was good. The beach-views were good. Beach access was great. The Negatives: We strongly feel that the promo video is false advertising! Showing the Sapphire condos/buildings in the video is greatly misleading. My family of 7 stayed in a 2-bedroom condo. It was obvious that the condo and the hotel were in need of being renovated. 1. Each light switch had dirt on it. 2. Each room had mold, hair and dirt along the baseboards/corners. 3. There were dirty dishes in the dishwasher. 4. The throw pillows on each bed were dirty and dingy. 5. The refrigerator was dirty. 6. The bedding mostlikely had bedbugs...I was itching each time I got under the sheets. 6. My 6 y.o son woke-up with a long blonde strand of hair in his PJs.....it was from the sheets. We all have black hair. 7. The swimming pool was horribly dirty. The pool tiles were covered in layers of filth. There was dirt and debris floating in a large section of the pool by the steps to get into the pool. Along the steps there was black dirt that had accumulated. 8. The poolside grill was grossly unsanitary. There were open bags of buns left out on the counter and a crow was pecking at the bag. The grill area was dirty and unkempt. We did not attend the Thursday Social or visit the hotel restaurant for this reason. 9. In the condo, the water pressure was low. Air would spurt through the shower/faucet and then the water would be low. Also, the water often times was not heated. The hot water usually yielded just lukewarm water. These were the major issues that disappointed us. P.S. We did find out that each condo is privately owned so the conditions of the condos may vary.

3  Thank Ryan S
AnabelG276, Director of Rooms at Pearl South Padre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that our staff was friendly and the beach views were to your liking.

However, we are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the condo you were in during your stay. We most definitely do not have bed bugs in the room as we have not had any complaints about the condo you stayed in, you may have been sensitive to the laundry detergent we use or it could have also been sealice. I assure you we take these things very serious and take precautionary measure monthly to assure we do not have any issues of that sort. The condo has been inspected and cleared by our pest control team.

If any of these concerns would have been brought up during your stay we would have been more than glad to assist you in making things right for you and your family. We strive to make sure our guest are happy when they leave our resort. In addition the condo you had stayed in had recently updated the living room area just a week prior to your arrival.

As for the resorts grounds we will make sure to address these concerns to the appropriate department and assure this is taken care of. We appreciate your feedback.

Anabel

Reviewed 10 September 2018

When I got there, Anna at the front desk seemed very thorough and knowledgeable of the system and of the hotels and things in the area. My encounter with the FDM Maricela was outstanding, she had assisted us with some questions we had about pool towels and the room.The drinks were great, love the pool side bar.

I did not get a chance to enjoy some of the events except for the Sunday Brunch which was to die for. Everything was delicious! This will always be my hotel when I come to SPI.

Room tip: If you can get beach front access, beautiful.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you Christine! So happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed our facility! Anna and Maricela are great! thank you so much! until next time!

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Stayed there over labor day weekend. Booked two rooms, which were provided side by side. Hotel is very run down. The problem began on the first day when we noticed no hot water. We called downstairs and they said they would send someone to repair. Next day, still no hot water. Called again. Once again told that someone would be upstairs to fix it. On the third day, still no hot water. Walked down this time to talk to the front desk. They said they would send someone up right away. Came back after dinner and still no hot water. Their engineer finaly came up after 8 pm but my two year old son was already asleep so could not have them work on the shower at that time. They did finally offer to move rooms, but since my son was already asleep and was checking out in the morning did not agree to do it. The next morning at 750 am the engineer finally came up and "fixed it". He stated he did not see that anyone had been there yet to fix the shower. He also stated that he had been running around a lot because that half of the hotel was having water problems. In the end, they offered to comp 20% of the price of the room...a hotel room being charged premium labor day prices but with no hot water during the entire three day stay. The best part, the front desk worker said the nighttime manager was both worthless and hiding in the back because there were too many complaints. She advised that I speak with someone in the morning. I left my card but, to no surprise, they did contact me about the issue. Terrible hotel. Terrible service. Terrible management.

Room tip: Anywhere but this hotel
1  Thank ST1800

Hello;

Thank you so much advising us of your recent stay with us at the Pearl. Your experience is by far what we want our guest to experience while staying with us. Our staff is trained to assure the problem gets fixed or find a solution as soon as possible. Our main goal is to assure our guest leave happy and relaxed from our resort, I apologize that we failed to do so with you and your family.

Our managers are available at all times for our guest and would like to speak to you about these experience. Please contact the hotel and ask for me. I appreciate any information and feedback. Hope to speak to you soon

Anabel

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Had a great time at the pearl. Pool was suitable for everyone from kids to swim up bar cruisers!..beach was awesome and the free sandcastle lessons were great! Friday night buffet was amazing and Sunday brunch was equally amazing! Great staff and recommended for people who want real service

Trip type: Travelled solo
Anabel G, Director of Rooms at Pearl South Padre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Thank you so much for the great review! We have to agree with you on the sand castle lessons they are amazing! We hope to see you again soon!