1,074 results
All reviews cabana room tennis courts quarter duck recommend this resort pool bar great resort live band hotel restaurant pool side great pool off season family vacation windjammer quarterdeck pools whiskey shack
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Hotel is okay. Rooms are comfortable with all the necessities. The pool and grounds are amazing. Great breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Very reasonable pricing. Best in the off season before or after spring break. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2018
Shirley D, Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Thanks for staying with us -- I'm so glad you got to take advantage of the great amenities like the pool and restaurant. Good tip about avoiding spring break -- we get very busy during that time, and so does the rest of the beach! Can't wait to see you next time.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

The best thing about this hotel is the location. It is right on the beach and it is a short walk no matter what room you are in. The pools are very nice as well. The bar is convenient to the pool. The staff were all friendly. The rooms are older but roomy and clean. The beds were not super comfy- kind of old, but clean. The balcony was nice to sit on at night. I really enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: May 2018
Shirley D, Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay -- our proximity to the beach makes for a nice night on the balcony or a short stroll to the water. I hope you'll come see us again if you're visiting the area!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Requested 3 rooms on same floor, near top of condo tower. First night got 2 rooms on 4th floor just above very loud band. 1 room had ants in kitchen and pantry and the garbage disposal was plugged with slime/algae. The plumber was very quick to make the repairs and a maid cleaned up the wet, dirty floor immediately. We complained to the front desk and got 2 rooms on the 9th floor and 1 on the 11th floor. Checking out was a nightmare due to miscommunication about deposit. Finally resolved, The beach was great, the sand great,pool was great, Friendly staff. Windjammer restaurant, not so good. If we return to South Padre, won' t stay here again.

Room Tip: top 3 floors have view of beach and gulf and pool. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Shirley D, Owner at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

We hate to hear about the issues that you had during your stay with us, but I'm glad we could quickly resolve them for you -- sometimes there's no way for us to know that there's a problem until it's brought to our attention. As far as the restaurant is concerned, I'd like to know more specifics about what went wrong so that we can address them with the restaurant team. I encourage you to reach out to us directly about your experience. I'm happy to know that you all enjoyed the amenities we offer and some relaxing beach time. I hope you'll reconsider staying with us again if you're looking to visit the area.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Stayed in a beachfront room and it looked as though they forgot to update this area,
the main lobby was impressive and the grounds were kept up nicely but the room was not what I expected for the price.
We will definitely not be going back to this hotel, too many other updated places to stay on the island. Beware of first impressions !!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesse R
Shirley D, Manager at Isla Grand Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

I'm sorry that your room didn't live up to your expectations, Jesse. Most of our guests spend majority of their time outside or in other areas of the hotel, such as the pool, so we have allocated our time and resources accordingly until we can update the rooms. Despite the lack of modern decor, our rooms are always clean and well-maintained, and have great views of the beach. I hope you'll reconsider staying here next time you visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Stayed in beachfront room, the Isla Grand WiFi kept saying No Internet Connection, complained several times and they finally had someone replace a bad component the next day. Once I could finally connect the internet performance wasn’t that great.

Great staff, location and grounds though, food at the Windjammer restaurant was pretty mediocre. Ordered a filet mignon and it was very tough and grizzly.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

I'm sorry about the issues that you had with our internet connection, but I'm glad that we were able to get things fixed so that you could take care of anything important. I'll make sure and let our team know that it wasn't running as quickly as it should've been, and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention. I'm pleased to know that the rest of your stay went well. As far as the restaurant, our filet mignon is usually a hit, so I'll make sure and pass along this information to our kitchen staff. I hope you'll come see us again if you're looking to stay in the area.