“Wonderful vacation”
other travellers have booked this property
Wake to the Waves view from bedroom Bedroom with TV
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Sunrise !!
Wake to the Waves view from bedroom
Bedroom with TV
North view from balcony
Spacious bedroom
Dining room
Living room and dining room
Dining area
Patio View
Beautiful sunrise !!
Romantic sunset from balcony
The grounds
Beautiful pool heated in the winter
Pool view from balcony walkway
Deck view with new patio furniture
Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Joyceerin...
Edinburg, Texas
“Wonderful vacation”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

I had a wonderful time staying in this awesome condo, Everything was better than what I had expected. Right on the beach!!! Couldn't have gotten any closer! And I loved the pool area too which was surrounded by beautiful tropical looking plants and flowers.

The condo was newly redecorated. The futon was brand new and oh so comfy - almost wanted to sleep there instead of the king bed in the other room which was also very comfortable. The deck chairs were also new and besides being very appealing, were also nice to sit on. Found myself getting up early and drinking my morning coffee out there. They were high enough to look out over the beach which was nice. The walls were very nicely decorated too with a lot of beach paintings.

The kitchen was full with just about everything you could possibly need. It not only had pots and pans and dishes, etc. but I was nicely surprised to see a sponge, dishwashing liquid, dish towels, etc. Just in case you are not into washing dishes I would suggest bringing paper plates with you, although they are not needed. The bathroom had more than enough towels. You do need to bring you own shampoo and other toiletries which was okay, wasn't a bad thing for me. It had 2 tvs which was also nice and the wifi connection was free and I never had any trouble accessing.

The owner was very nice and easy to work with. She responded to all my questions right away and even recommended a few restaurants. Took her up the Laguna Bob's by the Bay recommendation so we could see the fireworks on Friday night. You need to get there by 7:30 in order to see the display as seats are very hard to come by. The burgers and fries there are delicious I liked the pina coladas too!

The best part about staying here was the fact that the beach was literally right there. It was so much fun watching everyone out there. Also enjoyed my AM walks on the beach. The worst part was the stairs and getting to the 2nd floor with all the luggage. But I did know about the stairs from staying in another unit there on the 2nd floor and decided to rent this condo anyway, Guess is wasn't all that bad! The sliding glass door in the bedroom would not open which was disappointing too, but other than that it was great.

All in all I had a fantastic stay!!!!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very close to the beach
Liked least: The stairs
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mansfield
Reviewed 22 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Management Response
22 Oct 2012
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay in my home! I only learned about the parking lot being repaved the day before your arrival and appreciate your patience. Normally maintenance in the off season is done in November. However, the complex is working hard to improve and update so much more work is currently being done than usual.

I look forward to a return visit from you and of course any of your friends!

Thank you so much.
DMC32709
Houston, Texas
“Relaxation at the Beach”
Reviewed 3 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

This was our second time renting this lovely condo in South Padre for a vacation. We liked it so much the first time that we came back the following year! The view from the balcony is amazing in the morning as the sun comes up over the Gulf. I had my morning coffee out there every day and then an early morning walk on the beach with our dog.

The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need for preparing a great meal and/or drinks . We ate out at local restaurants most evenings and have tried a variety of them. So the choice is yours...

This unit is decorated very nicely. The furnishings are very attractive and comfortable. I loved being able to watch a movie while relaxing in the king-size bed. My husband said the WiFi connection improved this year - signal strength was much stronger.

I highly recommend this condo if you are looking for a great beach getaway. You can spend all day on the beach relaxing and swimming or choose to take a dolphin sightseeing cruise, go para-sailing, fishing, or dinner cruise. Lots of activities for children too.

What can I say? Even our dog loves it there. All we have to say is "want to go to the beach?" and he is at the back door waiting for us.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Balconies facing the Gulf, easy access to the beach, pet friendly
Liked least: Size of the bathroom - kind of cramped in the toilet/shower area.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Kansas
Reviewed 25 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
tlcottrel...
Omaha, Nebraska
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed 2 December 2011 for a stay in November 2011
person found this review helpful

You could not ask for a better location on SPI for a vacation rental. It is at the north end of the Island away from most of the hustle. The view from the balcony is nothing but beach and the access is so very easy. The condo is small but worked well for the two of us. It is well decorated in a "beach" theme. There were some flaws but the owner is aware of them and has them scheduled to be repaired. The complex shows some of the wear and tear one would expect from any place exposed to the wind, salt and sand for years, but it was clean and kept that way. The two pools were nice--heated for those of us who dislike cold water. We're considering buying a unit at this location-there was a lot of rennovation going on in the individual units.
Some hints-- Bring towels if you are staying more than one night. The ones the owner supplies are small and get pretty stale after the first day. Also if you are like me and prefer a soft mattress, bring a thick mattresss pad, the bed is firm. There is no dishwasher so either be prepared to do your dishes by hand or bring/buy disposables. This is a second floor with no elevator so if you have trouble with stairs opt out. I was worried about the bar just down the beach but at least while we were there the noise of the live music did not bother us. It might be different when things are busier.

The pet walking area was apparently below our balcony, but the owners were good about cleaning up and we have dogs so we enjoyed seeing folks walking theirs.

My only frustration is that I might have tried to negotiate a lower price per night if I had known that the motel down the street was available for $29.95. Consider asking for a better price if you come during the low season. We were there the week before Thanksgiving and met mostly locals the whole time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location away from the busy end of the island with the beach view to boot.
Liked least: The general wear and tear of the complex.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing