All reviews clean towels other guests kitchenette beds island beach spi trash
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Disgusting! I refused to stay in a room that had a stench so bad. It upset my stomach. The maintenance man said it was the air conditioner, he opened it up and it had what seems like mold or mildew. Disgusting! Roaches and a green pool. They had more excuses than solutions. I do not understand how this place can be open for business. There is no manager on site and you can only reach her thru email. In my opinion and experience, this place is a health hazard. Stay away..

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank ytelayom2u
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

This place is terrible. Not as advertised. Arrived at check-in time and no one was here to check us in. Waited around for 45mins and was finally checked-in. The entire motel was vacant, for good reason. The room we were given had dirty sheets and two mini refrigerators instead of the full sized refrigerator that was in the advertisement. Asked for another room; they were worse. Asked for a refund and was given the runaround. Owner is the only one that can make any decisions and she lives in Florida. No refund was given. Total bait and switch. Avoid this unprofessional, dirty, hotel and scammers.

Date of stay: June 2018
3  Thank Carlos G
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Staff was unhelpful and unwilling to answer any questions. Room was dirty and I was not offered a different room or even for it to be cleaned properly. Was way over priced for something scary. The room was so dim we could barely see anything. The bathroom was just disgusting. I suggest everyone avoid this place and stay in corpus even instead of here.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank tammiehatley64
South Beach I, Owner at South Beach Inn Boutique Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We muchly appreciate any and all feedback as our guest experience is our top priority!!

I am disappointed and saddened to hear you felt The Hospitality Professional Team was not friendly and that your room did not satisfy your expectations!! This is very surprising to me as they usually earn very great feedback. I am most definitely investigating your experience and situation!! Corrective action will be taken!!!

I do hope you will give us the opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay with us on your next visit to South Padre Island and prove to you we have improved ourselves and listened to you!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Room 10. Assigned parking space next to dumpster and fish cleaning station. Room is narrow, dark, stuffed with 2 beds and a futon. Small kitchenette is completely unequipped. No paper towels, cooking utensils or pans, no dishes or silverwear. Bring everything from home!
Small batheoom with only small sink, 1 skinny bar of soap, shower stall, no fan.
10 is under an apartment. We could hear people banging around all evening and morning.
The beds have only a fitted sheet and comforter. No top sheet or blanket. Small window unit air conditioner.
View of parking lot and dumpster out of small window in door. 3 block walk to beach.
Not worth the money!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen L

Dear Karen,

We appreciate that you took the time to write your review and let us know about your experience with us! We most definitely welcome any and all feedback and are always looking for ways we can improve!! Thank you!

We originally opened in 1961 as the Sea Grape Motel and at that time were beachfront! (See the circa picture in the lobby with the dunes.......:-0). We are a Boutique hotel and grandfathered nowadays in the midst of a residential neighborhood. They built Gulf Blvd somewhere along the way!!?!! Lol!

I do believe the pictures of Room #10 accurately depict the accommodations? Please let us know if you think there is something misleading and we will correct and improve?

Yes you are correct that you have the choice to bring your own kitchen supplies or rent a kitchen kit from us for $10/night. This arrangement works well with guests' budgets. This is described on our listing.

Our quiet hours are 10pm to 7am. It is most definitely unfortunate that you had someone staying above you that did not respect and observe this rule. As with apartments, townhomes, and condos, if folks are being unruly and disturbing the peace, you can call 911.

I am investigating the lack of proper bedding provided by housekeeping and this will be immediately rectified. The scenario you described is most definitely not our policy!

We hope you will give us the opportunity to prove ourselves and our value and stay with us again! Perhaps in one of our PoolSide Studio Garden Apartments (rooms 12-20 have no one above), or upstairs in one of the two condos?

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

My family have chosen this hotel for the past 5 years. I am sad to say this stay was our last stay at this hotel. The hotel is now run down and dirty. The furniture is falling apart and they had no cable tv. I have a autistic son that needed tv and they didn’t even tell us about the issue. When we ask for a refund they said they had to call the manager that lives in Florida. They said she didn’t like giving refunds. So they offered to get us a DVD player luckily I had movies-in my truck. Then about a hour past by and I didn’t get the DVD player so I went to front desk to see what was happening. He said they had noDVD players and that they would refund me 25 percent of our stay. This was only 3 hours to our stay. “ the weather was bad so we had nothing to do but stay in the room all day with a autistic child and no tv”. I took the refund went to dollar store and purchase a DVD player. It wasn’t compatible to tv. It was the worse night ever.

Yes this hotel has a front door access to pool and back door with a assign parking spot. But It is not worth the struggle. When I go on vacation I want to feel welcome and be able to enjoy my days.

Never never will we stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank Happiness763670
South Beach I, Owner at South Beach Inn Boutique Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We appreciate that you took the time to write your review! Thank you!! We welcome any and all feedback.

We also thank you for staying with us over the past five years. You will have noted many of the improvements we have been making over the past year. These include total painting of the exterior, newly granite finished pool, new astro turf pool deck, new pool decorative block wall, new pool and patio furniture, new beds, bedding, and linens. There is much more planned for the future!!

I was disappointed to hear of your experience during your last stay with us! The Hospitality Professional Team works very hard to assure guests' experiences are most relaxing and enjoyable!! I investigated and learned that unfortunately Time Warner Cable was experiencing a service outage on the island during your stay, probably due to the poor weather you mentioned. We do have complimentary BluRay and DVDs available for guests in the lobby, and we have two BluRay players available for guest rentals. The front desk staff was trying to make one of these available to you during the service outage, but another staff member had already given them to other guests. My apologies!!

I am happy to hear they discounted your stay to try and make it up to you!!

I do hope you will give us another chance and continue your tradition of staying with us during your trips to South Padre!! We will prove to you that we listened and improved and took your feedback to heart!! Thank you!