All reviews waffles howard johnson burner stove kitchen area night life hot tub bars and restaurants an older hotel within walking distance enjoy your stay bit dated bar and grill i highly recommend this hotel convenient location memorial day weekend clean towels checking in
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights for a family wedding. The hotel is a two star and we got exactly that. The room was clean but a little worn out. Linens were clean but towel were really thin and hard. Breakfast was ok but not great. Biggest complaint is if you are going to the beach it is close (1 block ) but you have to cross a busy street and Texans don’t stop for pedestrians! Overall I got what I expected.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Cons: Stayed here for one night and that was enough. The smell in the hotel was old and musty. It needs serious updates. Our shower was designed in a way that made all the water come out when you took a shower. The breakfast was quite short. I believe you only had an hour and half to go get breakfast.

Pros: I liked the small kitchen that came with the room. It was small, but enough space to eat comfortably. I also liked how they had a movie night at the pool with popcorn. That was a cute idea for families. There was also a little shop, but I did not have time to visit.

Overall, I think if you need a quick place to stay this is fine, but for any long-term destinations I would say no.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We came here for my birthday weekend. The location is awesome... beach access is across the street and a block or two down. You do have to cross a busy street and traffic is busy at certain times a day but we didn't mind. Lots of great restaurants and gift shops in walking distance or a short drive away. Walgreens is across the way also. The inn itself is a bit dated but fully functional and very spacious. It does have a fridge and microwave which came in handy. There is a pool with hot tub and they show movies on the weekends I believe. Nice perk! Our only complaint was the breakfast. The options were waffles and cereal. Make sure to go early or you'll be waiting in line forever while others make their waffle. Staff was welcoming and friendly. Overall, great stay and I would stay again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The Inn at South Padre met all our expectations. The hotel is pet friendly, which was great for the family with which we were traveling who have 2 dogs. We did not have a pet, and the room was clean and did not smell like animals :) The hotel is very convenient to everything on the island, which is only about 3 miles long, and is also within walking distance to restaurants, convenience stores, and a nice place to see sunsets. It is also located a block away from one of the four access points to the beach, so you can walk to the beach instead of driving. The hotel has a continental breakfast; my favorite was the Texas shaped Belgian waffles (there were no kids cereals, like Froot Loops though). There were also no kids stations on the tv, so it might be a good idea to bring something to keep them occupied. The people who work at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. And if you do travel with a dog, there are treats at the front desk!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2017

I relaxed tonight after Christmas Parade at the beautiful pool an watch a movie! Delightful! I highly recommend this hotel! Pet friendly! My puppy and I consider this a hotel away from home! A mini-vacation!

Room tip: All rooms are great!
Date of stay: December 2017