“Girls Weekend!!!!”
Review of Saida Tower II

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Padre Island
Saida Tower II
Reviewed 25 October 2014

Girls get away for the weekend at SPI. We stayed at the Saida II room #402 and had a blast. The condo was very clean and well equipped. We cooked all of our meals in the kitchen that was fully stocked with dishes, utensils and cookware. Enjoyed morning coffee and evening drinks on the balcony with a fantastic view. The pools and hot tubs were cool, clean and refreshing. The beach was just a short walk down a path from the pool. Location is great, right on the beach and close to shops and restaurants. At the main pool you cannot bring your own drink but at the two smaller pools you can. This was not a problem for us because we stayed at one of the smaller pools the whole time that was closes to our building. There were luggage carts at the bottom of the building to carry your luggage or groceries on (very convenient). The elevator in Saida II worked well and the grounds were clean and landscaped nice. I would recommend this condo to anyone and will be booking #402 in the future.

Room Tip: Saida II #402, very clean and well kept.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Family trip to South Padre stayed here for a week. The place has been refurbished somewhat and has a nicer feel to it. Rooms are cleaner and more user friendly. They have installed new: Flat Screen TV's, Ranges, Microwaves, washer dryers and toilets/faucets. Over all they have done a good job. The beds are still the same though. Lumpy, noisy, old and just terrible. The views are beautiful especially the higher floors. We were on the tenth floor and had some great views of the surf and the surrounding area. On the day before our check out, one of the elevators broke down and it was a nightmare trying to get up or down. The lobby was packed and backlogged with people. This is not the first time this has happened and I'm sure it wont be the last. Took about 4 hrs for them to fix it. All the ice machines were either gone or broken down. One was working the first day, then nothing. Bring your own ice, you'll be glad you did. With a little more attention to details this place would be rated excellent. Overall it's nice and fun with plenty to do and see.

Room Tip: Parking is tight and dog eat dog. Try to plan your trip during the earlier part of summer to avoid t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed 21 April 2014

From the get-go we were treated like dirt by the security people at the gate. Truly incredible how utterly rude and unhelpful these people are. When i tried to walk in to find someone who could help me, a guard even pushed himself in front of me as if threatening to punch me. They made the place feel more like a max security prison than a vacation resort. Place is average, its in front of the beach so that works, but couldnt shake the bitterness of dealing with those guys constantly.

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank Colonelmustar
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Saida towers is beautiful. The view pool and beach are great. You can walk to schliterbaun.
Subway McDonald are also within waling distance.
My complaints. I was walking in no traffic either way. I am in the middle of the drive way by gate. The guard tells me this is not the pedestrian gate you can not continue. He made me walk back up to pedestrian gate through potentially more traffic than walking through gate

The last day electricity went out. No air conditioner no lights all night. The worst was no elevators. I am 75. I carried two suitcases down 8 flights. Supposedly they have an emergency generator. They did turn it on after I was down at 9. Electricity was out from 3am. Poor service

Wifi was only on balcony although I was repeatedly told it worked in living room.

Room Tip: Rooms appeared fine. Rooms on 9 and above had no water on the night of no electricity or so some one...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Faye V
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We stayed in tower 2. Lets just say our condo needed to be updated, painted and CLEANED. The room was dirty, carpet was stained & old and the dry wall was moldy. Why wouldn't these be tiled wall to wall? Also, the kitchen drawers were dirty, the silverware was filthy and most of the pots & pans were nasty. Never could get enough towels for a family of four and the ones provided were tiny. I also cut my foot on a loose piece of metal sticking out of a dresser that was past it's last leg. Only reason I gave it 2 stars is location, beach access and parking. There has to be better place to stay, we will not return to this place ever again and probably won't return to SPI for a few years.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family