All reviewswaffleswinding staircasesausagechoice hotelspool and hot tubbreakfast foodin towngreat breakfasthot breakfastafter a long dayfront desk staffroom was largecomfortable bedsnice surprisemorning breakfastwould highly recommend this hotelcomfortable stay
Reviewed 19 November 2017

This is a very nice Sleep Inn. Beautiful lobby with winding staircase. Very quiet location just off I-40. Well lit parking lot. Nice pool and hot tub. Breakfast is the normal Choice Hotels breakfast. We would definately stay at this Sleep Inn again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Kokila P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay here at the Sleep Inn & Suites Shamrock. Our entire team works very hard to ensure that each and every guest has a comfortable stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

The staff from check in to check out does not smile. They also practice as little eye contact as possible. Checked in with our dog. Wanted an upper floor but was told that dogs only on the first floor. When I complained the wonderful check in lady said that I was lucky that they took dogs at all. The morning breakfast room was locked until opening tome. I had to ask to have the room opened so I could get a coffee. He did not smile either. They will be lucky to ever see me again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Kokila P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. I have already talked to our entire team regarding your comments and they assured me that this kind of issue will not occur again. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We are retired and traveling across country. This is one of the nicest hotels we've stayed in! Front lobby has a wonderful staircase - reminiscent of Gone With the Wind! Suite was clean and spacious. Breakfast was the usual BUT they had an expresso option on the coffee machine which was pretty good! We stayed over on a Sunday night and had concerns about dinner - no worries. Big Vern's Steakhouse, 3 Blocks away, was open and is a good choice. All in all, everyone was friendly and we couldn't ask for a better stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosejuliet
Kokila P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a positive review. We appreciate the thoughtful comments regarding our hotel's staff, we have a passion for providing excellent guest service, and we are grateful to have such a wonderful TEAM that enjoys being of service to our guests. At Sleep Inn & Suites Shamrock we want every guest to feel at home when they stay with us, and to enjoy our hotel and all we have to offer. Our efforts to provide a clean, comfortable stay, in a relaxing setting, with world-class guest service are validated when we hear from guests like you. We look forward to having you as a guest with your future stays in Shamrock.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is nice. The staff members are lovely people. The room was clean. Complimentary Breakfast is served from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. breakfast includes waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage, and American Continental Foods. Check out time is 11 a.m. The only complaint I have is the mattresses are extremely hard. It's like sleeping on concrete. If you have a really bad back and this is an important feature to you, I would stay elsewhere. Otherwise I recommend this hotel for those passing through on I-40.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Kokila P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Thank you so much for your comments. I was very glad that you found the staff to be friendly, as they work very hard to ensure that each and every guest has a comfortable stay. However, I am sorry that you thought the mattresses were hard. We appreciate you recommending us to others, and hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Ever since I have been visiting my son who serves in the United States Army, I have been traveling a few times a year to the American Southwest and West. I first discovered Shamrock, Texas', Sleep Inn & Suites in early August 2016. I immediately booked again when I returned a few weeks later and I have been fitting this stop in with all my travel plans when I go en route on I-40.

The front desk staff are always welcoming. The continental breakfast is fresh, prompt, and reflects the genuine care and hospitality of the staff who take the meal to the top level; it exceeds all standards. They serve fresh, homemade biscuits with sausage gravy- something my husband really enjoys and a practice that is not typical of inns across the Midwest, Southwest and West. The food is always quality fresh- not created from ingredients found at bargain offerings at a local store.

The rooms feature modern decor and one feels pampered and tucked into the spacious quarters that boast of a seating area, a desk area with free wifi and no password, excellent bathroom with amazing water pressure, comfy bed and more. The hotel pool is a decent size and it is immaculately maintained. The premises seem to be a family owned hotel- and the willing assistance to provide information on the local sites and cuisine make one's stay feel more like being with family than at a commercial site.

Room Tip: The hallway is not soundproof, but the rooms are!!!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank HoldsWindsinFists

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am so glad to hear that we have exceeded your expectations every time you stay with us. Our entire team here works very hard to ensure that each and every guest is satisfied with their stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.