“Run down Dairy Queen but plenty of space for big rigs!”
Review of Dairy Queen - CLOSED

Dairy Queen
Cuisines: American
Description: Telephone number: 806-256-5440
Description: Telephone number: 806-256-5440
Reviewed 7 August 2017

As full time RVers with a 60' rig, sometimes it is hard to find a place to pull in and eat. On this particular day we needed diesel and some refreshment. Pulling into Shamrock we filled up and then were pleasantly surprised to find that the Shamrock Dairy Queen had a pull around LARGE parking lot making it easy for us to park our rig.
We were a little disappointed when we walked into this Dairy Queen as it was very apparent that it was run down. One chicken meal was not available and the freezer was broken so obviously no ice cream cakes etc. available. We ordered the Salted Caramel Blizzard along with the Fudge one. There was NO chocolate ice cream. All Blizzards were made with vanilla but this might be the norm as it has been a while since we have eaten in a DQ. No complaints about the ice cream but not sure I would have wanted to eat anything else there!
The only reason I rated this 3 instead of 2 is because of the large parking facility which was such a blessing to these weary travelers on that day :)

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Got stuck eating here after Hotrod Pizza hosed us! The tacos were cold and the taco shells were limp. Ok service and lackluster food. Better than nothing I guess.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

We went on Sunday evening at about 6:30. I did see the other reviews and went in eyes wide open. I got the banana split, on special. It was great, the bananas were fresh and firm, and just about the right amount of toppings. My wife got a mini turtle blizzard. They both came up in less than 5 min.
Neither of us used the bathrooms, since we just walked from our motel. Place seemed clean and staff pretty organized. I think it's got newer management. A couple of the tables could've been wiped, but as we were leaving, they were starting to work on the dinning room area.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch. Right off highway and food was as expected from a DQ. The xl chili cheese comes with onions and mustard but didn't appear so on picture. Had to return it to get just chili cheese and they did it without hesitation and were very nice about it.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Food was very overpriced compared to other DQs I've visited. Actually twice for the chicken basket than it is for a KS DQ.
The guy working the drive up and the frontline didn't have any help and was too young and inexperienced to get stuck with this. He was really clueless but I tried to not get upset at him, bless his heart. Our food sat on the counter for a long time until finally I asked them to go get it and give it to us. Had to beg for honey mustards because they insisted they were in the boxes which they were not. Chicken was good, but can't say the fries were. Soggy and cold. This location needs to get it together!