“Mixed feelings”
Review of Days Inn Seguin TX

Days Inn Seguin TX
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Seguin
Reviewed 28 May 2011

The Hotel was very out dated, and we Felt like we were going to get shot at while walking into our room. The room itself had a musky mildewy smell to it and the decorations were very outdated. The carpet was crunchy and we felt as if we needed to wear shoes everywhere we went in the room. As far as price goes, I guess you get what you pay for. It was a cheap room. The continental breakfast was probably the best part of our stay, however once they run out of something, the staff didn't seem to excited to put more out.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Brunettabionda

Reviewed 3 May 2011

I stayed three nights, and was very satisfied with the Days Inn. The place is a little old, but my room was perfectly clean, AC and heat both worked great, very clean bathroom, plenty of hot water and water pressure, quiet at night, good in-room internet, alert and helpful front desk staff. Coffee service, microwave and mini fridge in room all worked fine. Breakfast was simple but adequate. Didn't use the pool but saw that it is very big and extremely clean. This place provides great value for the money, and I would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank LadyTraveler_11
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Stayed for one night while driving Houston - LA. The hotel is right on the highway and easy to access. Check in without a reservation was quick and painless. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable looking out onto a central pool area. A very nice mexican restaurant close by provided a nice, good value dinner. The internet connection worked OK and was included in the price of $70 inc taxes. I had a very quiet nights rest and left in the morning with no issues.
Breakfast was basic and not worth having unless you can not afford visiting one of the many restaurants on the highway.
Overall a no-frills hotel providing a good service.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I checked in and everything was fine. Ok room. Didn't have a fridge and microwave, not a big deal but definitely odd to find a room that doesn't provide this. I tried to get onto the internet, dsl cable, and it didn't work. I had to call the front desk on my cellphone because the room phone didn't work. They brought over a new modem and nothing, they sent me to a few other rooms and nothing worked. The maintenance man told me that this happens constantly. Finally, they sent me into a room on the opposite side of the building and the internet worked but when I came back from moving my bags the internet had stopped working. I had enough. Under normal circumstances, no internet wouldn't be such a big deal but as I was traveling for work, the internet was imperative.

I went to the front desk and asked to check out with a refund and the employee agreed but said that a $5 charge would not be refunded for housekeeping purposes. I told her that's BS, it was their fault I was checking out. She got mad and said, you can talk to the manager when he comes back tomorrow. I apologized, even though, I didn't think I had to, she was just being manipulative and vindictive. She said that it must have been just me because if more people were having problems, her phone would be ringing. I told her that the hotel looked pretty empty to me. Then she twisted my words and said, "So the reason you're leaving is because the hotel is empty." I told her not to twist my words and to give me her manager's name and the time he was in tomorrow. To which she said, he comes in on Monday. I paid the $5 fee in cash and told her she was rude and a liar.

I went across the road to Comfort Inn and I told them what had happened, they told me that that hotel is no longer a Choice hotel but they have not changed the name. At Comfort Inn I got a suite for the price of a regular room, so it all worked out. I'm just worried Quality will not refund my money back, they seem shady.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Lch86
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I'll be honest, when we first saw this motel (it is motel style) my wife and I actually looked into other options in the area. From the outside, it looks shabby.

But we decided to take the chance and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room. Everything was very clean, well maintained and in good condition during our two night stay.

The outside looks poor, but our room was better than other, newer hotels we stayed at during this trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seguin
0.2 km away
17.2 km away
Super 8 New Braunfels TX
Super 8 New Braunfels TX
#15 of 33 in New Braunfels

Been to Days Inn Seguin TX? Share your experiences!