“ZDT's Rocks”

ZDT's Amusement Park
Ranked #1 of 28 things to do in Seguin
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We took our 7 and 8 yr old grandkids for our grandsons birthday. The senior rate was a very pleasant, unexpected surprise. We bought the ultimate bands. From the second we got there until we dragged them to the car 7 hours later they had a blast. $19 for the kids each, unlimited rides and games, I think it was half that for Seniors.
No tokens needed for arcade games. Our grandson discovered Air Hockey that day and thinks it is 'the coolest' game ever. He spent the majority of his time in the ball jungle area. Climbing up and down shooting the ball blasters and cannons.. My grandaughter loved the trampline sling. The rides outside were secondary to them, they enjoyed them..but could have had a wonderful time without them too. The water coaster was a little intense for the 7 yr old..but he has other issues that play into that.
My husband loved the go carts as much as the kids. Food value was not outrageous. PLUS, you can bring your own picnic and eat in a covered area outside. We will be back many, many time.

1  Thank Grneyedlady62
"short lines"
"three hours"
"unlimited access"

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I love the fact that ZDT's is a little like an 80's arcade, a little like a Malibu park, and a little (very little) like Six Flags. It's so hometown, and in a town that needs a place like this. Great for visitors with kids.

2  Thank R0llinSt0ne
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The one reviewer who said it all, said it best... ZDT's ROCKED and my kids still talk about it and it's one of the 2 places where they wish they could go again.

One thing the other reviewer forgot is that they have Wireless internet - so you can vedge with your laptop while your kids play. Mine are older, so I didn't need to supervise 100% (though I would check on them periodically).

The other GREAT thing was the water coaster... FUN! It stormed while we were there, so our outside time was cut short, but the price was definitely reasonable and definitely worth it.

2  Thank josi1968
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We have been to a number of indoor kid play places over the years. This place hands down beats them all. We needed to find someplace to burn some steam off the kids. We could not get them to leave. I will try to explain what makes this place different from other indoor play places or Chuckie Cheese type places. The price is 15-20 bucks a person. This may seen a bit steep at first. If you pay you get a wristband to do everything unlimited. So if parents wish to just hang out, then don't have to pay. But you better believe, I'm playing too. There is an indoor play area with nets, tunnels and foam balls to shoot. It is okay. But there is also indoor climbing walls that three kids at a time can climb. A motion simulator where you can build your own coaster and ride it. A trick trampoline where kids are harnessed to jump and do tricks. Now normally, you would pay five bucks a pop to do any of these things elsewhere. But it is all included in the price. But there is more. Go carts, giant slide, a really, really, really tall rock climbing silo outside and a few amusement rides too. There are two buildings full of video games. They are ALL a part of the cost. My kids played games over and over and over, then rock climbed, then rode rides. Went from thing to thing to thing for nearly nine hours. They did not want to leave. Ask the kids what was there favorite thing in Texas was. Sea World? No. Alamo? No. Enchanted Rock? maybe. But ZDTs hands down is always mentioned, always talked about by them. The video games were a good mix of new and old. Some of the games would have hundreds of old games in the device that I played when I was younger. We all had fun. But let's talk about some negatives. It did get crowded as it was a Saturday. Seating for food was sparce. And the selection of food was average. If you ordered Pizza, they ordered it from Dominos. So you would have to wait a long time. To go to the other sections, you had to go outside. We have three kids who constantly want to do different things. This can pose a problem for security. We usually were able to handle it between the two of us, but it could get hairy. And if you are a parent that really does not like this sort of thing, then you could be stuck a really, really long time. We had a blast. We need a ZDTs in Lexington, KY. This concept is fantastic.

5  Thank KentuckyDB