All reviewsstayed herewould definitely stay here againbreakfast includedother hotelsclean hotelfront desk staffcomfortable stayfrontage roadpool and hot tuboutlet shoppingmini fridgecomfortable bedembassy suitescarafegymoutletsac
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We had coordinated a timeshare vacation at another property and when it skidded off the rails we found ourselves checking in here, frustrated and tired at 1am. All I can say is “thank goodness!”

The front desk staff was courteous and helpful, the hotel was clean and modern, and the whole team worked to create the best possible experience for us throughout the duration of our visit. The bartender mixed great cocktails with a smile and the breakfast staff took great care of us as well.

Tom actually called our room to check in on our stay since he knew our previous plans had been thwarted. Excellent service! The housekeeping crew was top notch and this proved to be a great location for outlet shopping and exploring the Texas Hill Country. We really couldn’t be happier that our earlier plans fell through, this Holiday Inn saved our trip!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Dear Abterry1,

Thank you for your review of your stay and ranking! They are very important to us.

I am sorry that your time share vacation was a bummer. But, glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

You comments will be shared with all of my staff. We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

If you miss the entrance you will have to drive around and redo the 2 mile loop. There is no back entrance or connected parking lots to get you to the front door.

The hotel was clean and staff was friendly, but beds were hard and the AC was extremely noisy. I would stay here again if I needed, but this would not be my first choice for the price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
funkikker, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear TravelLover8098,

Thank you for your review and ranking!

Unfortunately, there is no back entrance to the hotel. I am sorry about the AC and will have maintenance look to make sure that all is well.

We do hope that if you come back to San Marcos that we will be your first choice.

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for TXST Family Weekend. It is a nice looking hotel. When we got to our floor I was bombarded with an odor. I do not know what the smell was or why it hung around but it did for the length of our stay. Our room was clean with comfortable beds. Luckily, the odor did not follow into the rooms. Unfortunately, the toilet had issues. It ran constantly and made awful noises when flushed. We notified the front desk right after we checked in because we were leaving to meet our daughter and were told they would send someone to check it out. They did not. When we checked out on Sunday the toilet was still running.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Chrissy,

Thank you for your review and ranking!

I am sorry that my team didn't relay to the maintenance department the problem you were having.

We do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I just completed a four night stay at the Holiday Inn San Marcos. As other TA's reviews noted the hotel is on the newer side. Room size is decent (we had a king room) and the amenities you'd expect are there - ample plugs, good lighting, coffee maker, flat screen tv, internet (all be it slow). There is no in room safe, which is always a disappointment for us and my wife did not like the provided hair dryer. We found the bed comfortable, decently quiet and always got a good nights sleep. Although the a/c worked okay, we didn't particularly like the noise from it and constant cycling of the unit as it was rather noisy when running and then of course no noise off. Made for volume adjusting on the tv difficult and also it had quite a blast to it as if you were standing in front of a fan, so not ideally pleasant to be around. Staff were always friendly and there is a small marketplace to get a quick snack or drink. We never dined here, but it is offered for a price. Ample free parking is also available. We did use the pool and hot tub a few times and enjoyed them, save for mid afternoon when the traffic from both I-35 and Frontage Road became loud. Lastly, the location wasn't ideal for getting around to places we wanted to go to as the location on Frontage Road made it a one way exit only near Wonderworld Drive. That part was fine, as you could quickly circle back towards Austin, but anytime you came back to the hotel you had to circle around to get onto the right side of Frontage Road. We've stayed at both the Embassy Suites and Courtyard Marriott and found the location to drive to/from a better commuting option. But all in all, not a bad hotel, not the best, but no real complaints other than via comparison to the other hotels we've stayed at. I was undecided between average and good and opted for the good based on totality of what I consider the measures important to me.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Michael V, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Peppppy,

Thank you for your review and ranking. Happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traffic on the access road can at times be a problem and making it hard. But, normally folks are kind and let you out.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Let me start out by saying this was a nice clean new hotel. The beds weren't too bad (could be a little better, our backs were hurting a little after a few nights. But we've had worse). The room and bathroom were very nicely furnished and appointed.
We wish there was a suite option as we had family visiting and ran out of space quickly.

Staff was very friendly, no issues there.

Really our only con would be that the restaurant seemed a little odd to us. We were going to try it out but there was never anybody in there, staff or customers? They either need to get this restaurant "out there" as in more visible, or they need to maybe switch to a more typical Hotel restaurant.

We had a free drink coupon offered to us when we checked in but never got to use it. Which reminds me of another issue. When we arrived as a COUPLE we were offered ONE free drink coupon or 300 points on our Holiday Inn card. It would seem to me if we arrive as a COUPLE we should get TWO drink cards??? But I guess it didn't matter anyway because we never got to use it.

OH one last thing. Get someone to make trash rounds outside. There were several beer cans and a bunch of cigarette butts left at the pool.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Michael V, General Manager at Holiday Inn San Marcos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear HD C,

Thank you for your ranking and review! It is appreciated as we continuously take guest comments in order that we may exceed their expectations.

Your comments will be shared with the various departments as there are some deficiencies that you noted.

We do hope to see you again in the near future!