“Another hidden gem...”

Pie Society
Ranked #3 of 293 Restaurants in San Marcos
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 13 August 2016

There for daughter college graduation. Oh man where do I start. Hand tossed right there, thin crunchy crust to make room for all those fresh, oh so good ingrediants. Started with Greek salad with good Barney capers, served in this ice chilled stainless steel bowl perfect on a blistering hot Texas afternoon. Saw this calzone pass by that looked & smelled like New York. I had already ordered The Enlightenment, gosh I've never had it so good. Daughter had The Garden of Eden, had one slice of both & had to ordere both pies "to go". Staff was friendly & helpful with ordering being "first timers".
We had young & old, picky & not so picky eaters but everyone's pallet was more than pleased. I'm in San Antonio but I will be making a 45 minute trip to San Marcos just to pick food. I am totally ruined for any other pizzeria," forks down". It's a hidden gem because because it's in a bitty strip center & if you miss it well you've missed the best pizza experience, in my opinion, you'll have. Young staff, young cooks but old school authentic flavors & original new combo flavors you'd never think of working. This place works & rocks.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

We ate here twice during our visit. The pizzas are inventive and well made. Vibe is casual and cool. Great margaritas and very reasonable prices. Wish I could bring this place home with me.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Fun place for kids. Good not great pizza.A little hard to find, not facing Nth LBJ. I have nothing else to say.0

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Nice place to kick back and laugh with friends. Cost is not prohibitive. Lunch hours are best! They have 4-5 pizzas from the menu ready for you to pick 'by-the-slice'. Serve all natural sodas and salads are fresh.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Everything the Katz brothers touch is gold. Pie Society has a hip vibe with amazing pizzas. All the ingredients are fresh and top of the line. Cheeses melt beautifully without any oily residue. Speekeasy bar is beautiful and intimate for small gatherings. Decent wine selection but could use improvement. Sodas are natural and my kids favorite. Greek salad excellent and a great value for a meal for those who don't want a pie.